• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Helen Fielding: Bridget Jones's Diary

Darren Lewis said:
February 2004

Synopsis
A dazzling urban satire of modern human relations? An ironic, tragic insight into the demise of the nuclear family? Or the confused ramblings of a pissed thirty-something? Bridget Jones is everyone's favourite Londoner...
I've seen the film and thinking of reading the book. I'm just so busy with other books at the moment that I don't know when to read it!

i started to read it but couldn't really get into it. maybe i'll give it another shot in a few months. i already returned it to the library a couple of days ago

Ok, i'm new here so please bare with me

I have read B. J.'s Diary and i must say i liked it, i liked it because as a woman i felt reassured by the fact that oh, so lovable Mr. Darcy could actually fall for a woman that's not perfect. But I must say that although the book is great, it has been written by a woman, so i can't stop wondering isn't this book just a bit "wishful thinking"?

i've read the book but i haven't seen the movie. the story is quite okay, hilarious at times, but not a book i will read three times a year or take seriously.

being somewhere near the age of bridget, i understand some of the situations she went through.

I loved this book!

And the film!

Felt they keeped the film pretty much the same as the book!

So bloody funny! :D

Great book

I enjoyed reading this book to a great extent. I've yet to see the movie, but I'm quite certain that it will not match reading it. I'm absolutely in love with Bridget..she's one of my favorite characters of all time! She's so hilarious! It has far exceeded my expectations. For anyone whose enjoyed this, I strongly suggest you read works by Candace Bushnell [Trading Up, Sex & The City] You won't be disappointed! :)

bridget-jones-diary-film-score-4100432.jpg

The book attracted my attention coz the movie that it was based on -though I didn't see it- was a movie that lots of people liked.
So, I decided reading the book first .
plus, it seemed as a good way for me to go out of the type of novels I've restriced my self with.

And according to what I've read in amazon about it, I went and bought it.

to tell the truth, I found my self interested in the first pages. at the middle, I was like "ok" and the end was bit dramatic to me .
Yes, I've laughed on few things and smiled on some stuff. but it wasn't hilarious as it was described in amazon.
I just didn't get the idea of British humor

So, I didn't see the movie and changed my mind about reading the rest of BJ books ..

Does anyone share with me the feeling that BJD isn't as great as ppl say about it.? or did you enjoy it ??

Click here to read reviews on amazon

I really liked the film and then borrowed the book and found it highly entertaining. Perhaps it is British humour though...

If i remember there is a long thread already on Bridget Jones Diary try the search but if your anything like me i can never find what i'm looking for with it...

Shade.. maybe if I see the movie I'd understand the humor in the book.

Ruby. I'll go searching for it then . thnx

This book was a guilty pleasure; often very crass, but just as often pretty darn funny. Haven't read the sequel yet though.

I loved this book and read it before I saw the movie. It was a perfect tribute to what it's like to be 20 something, unmarried and trying desperately to be taken seriously in the working world.
I remember those days well!

I loved both books and the first movie, I've not seen the second movie yet. I read the books often when I want a little pick me up and some laughs.

have this on my shelf. Started the first pages and couldn't get into it....will try again at some point though.

I saw the film before I read the book, simply because I didn't realise there was a book, but I really felt the film was much better than the book. Ive watched the second film but havent bothered with the other books.

Back