• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello everyone.

Oklahoma

Hello, I am new...and apparently not very bright. i didn't see this board until I had already started posting.

Anyhow, this looks like a pretty nice place, lot's of discussion and topics. I like the variety, too. It's nice to meet and talk to people who read different styles of writing. :)

Hello and Happy new years to you guys too!

Yes, Mehasitngs, the book I am reading, " The Scotswoman" is fairly interesting. It's about Flora MacDonald and the political beginnings of the Revolutionary war. Not quite as classic as " Tory Oath" but still a good read.:)

Welcome Oklahoma! Where are you in Oklahoma? I'm from Kansas, just south of Wichita.

Well, at the moment I am living in Seminole County, just southeast of OK city. :)

I tired to get my mother to move just outside of Wichita once. We were driving through, and I thought those plains wre awesome!

Well, at the moment I am living in Seminole County, just southeast of OK city. :)

I tired to get my mother to move just outside of Wichita once. We were driving through, and I thought those plains wre awesome!

It is nice here..if we get out away from the hedge rows, we can see those tornados coming from miles away..I always liked the hill country in ne Oklahoma. Your part of the state is nice too..those Arbuckles are not too shabby.

It is nice here..if we get out away from the hedge rows, we can see those tornados coming from miles away..I always liked the hill country in ne Oklahoma. Your part of the state is nice too..those Arbuckles are not too shabby.

There was a tornado the day I went through Wichita...

We can see them coming here too.

I used to live in the hilly part of OK right on the Arkansas border. The only difference was, we couldn't see the tornados coming. It was always a sneak attack. :)

There was a tornado the day I went through Wichita...

We can see them coming here too.

I used to live in the hilly part of OK right on the Arkansas border. The only difference was, we couldn't see the tornados coming. It was always a sneak attack. :)

Oh yeah...back in 1974 Tulsa was hit with several tornadoes at once. I was a few miles away at Grand Lake with my uncle and his family..we got hit with a sneaky storm later that night..

When were you in Wichita for the tornado? Was that the one that went through Haysville about 7 years ago? Or the Andover Tornado of '91? There was another one before that that traveled across the city, along Kellogg..can't remember the year though.

I think it was in 1989. It could have been 90. My family was living in Oregon at the time, but we were in the process of moving back here, and it involved a couple of road trips. I seriously wanted to stay, but it was just my mother and I traveling alone at night, and she wasn't too keen on the idea.

Beautiful storm though. I've never seen it's like, even though I've been in some nasty ones.

Welcome to B&R!. Use to live in Ada, my mother was a professor at ECU. Please don't tease this Nebraskan too much about football.:p

Hello, I am new...and apparently not very bright. i didn't see this board until I had already started posting.

Anyhow, this looks like a pretty nice place, lot's of discussion and topics. I like the variety, too. It's nice to meet and talk to people who read different styles of writing. :)

Hi there Okie!

Welcome and Sorry about the Sooners; but you have to admit, BSU played a great game!

:D

Hello fellow bibliophiles!

Am I glad I found this site! I've been posting on an inane "animal lovers" site, but there's a limit to how many times you can look at and discuss the cute little furries! At last... intelligent interesting posts... I think I've died and gone to heaven. (Only had the computer a few weeks, so I'm relatively new to all this):D

ai127.photobucket.com_albums_p142_pussywillow_photos_avatar_55141.gif

Welcome to B&R!. Use to live in Ada, my mother was a professor at ECU. Please don't tease this Nebraskan too much about football.:p

Howdy then! And don't worry, I don't tease too much. Besides you're the very first Nebraskan I have had the honor of meeting!

Hi there Okie!

Welcome and Sorry about the Sooners; but you have to admit, BSU played a great game!

Ah well...a good game is a good game. They'll just have to try harder next year.:eek:

Back