• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello fellow writers!!

scificafe

Hello everyone.
It's nice to be in the company of so many fellow budding writers and avid readers.
I'm currenty having loads of fun writing short and MICRO sci-fi stories and just as much fun pubishing them through my website

I've now been TOTALLY bitten by the pubishing bug, particularly after holding my first printed book from LULU in my hands.

I'm working on a full-length novel at the moment and the story plan is coming along very nicey -- does anyone here use a story plan? I'm finding it VERY useful to write out all the key events in the book before I flesh it out in the final draft. It makes it SO much easier to edit and cut story threads without the pain of having to delete pages and pages of text!

My next smaller project is to put together another printed anthology of my short stories and some of those from people who have contributed through the site. Does anyone here use LULU? I'm finding it really easy to use for both online books and printed!

My new year's resolution?
Get that damned story plan finished and get writing! :p

All the best,

Andy Severn

I've now been TOTALLY bitten by the pubishing bug, particularly after holding my first printed book from LULU in my hands.

Surely that's more of a self-publishing bug?

does anyone here use a story plan?
Nah. I usually just go into a story (when I can be bothered, that is) with an idea of a scene and just let it see where it can go from there. Usually it's nowhere and I have a number of fragments left over from many aborted attempts. But I'd rather have it this way than work to a plan as I somehow can't help but feel working to a plan restricts the story as you are bending the characters to fit a plot rather than vice versa.

Does anyone here use LULU? I'm finding it really easy to use for both online books and printed!
I think a couple do. Or have done. It's not a road I'd personally want to go down as I'd feel embarrassed to be showing off something by myself with Lulu on the spine.

My new year's resolution?
Get that damned story plan finished and get writing! :p
Good luck with it.

Feel free to add your stuff, I for one, have definitely enjoyed reading other people's works. :)

Back