• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello from Texas

Aoide

Hi all. My name is Laurie and I live in Houston. I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this community.

I have a lot of interests including the arts, photography and of course reading! My favorite genre is Fantasy, but I also read some Mystery, Young Adult and I have some favorite books in just about every category. I hope to expand my list of authors and this seems like a great place to do it.

Hello Laurie :)

I am sure your list will grow here, I've only been around a few months and I've found many great books already. Now it's just trying to get them all read.

Thanks everyone! I had a great time looking around last night. I'm very glad I found this place.

Photography? I love photography ... just a shame it doesn't love me back *sobs* unrequited love is so harsh.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, like Ronny I have already had so many great books recommended to me, just wish I had the time to read them all.

Welcome to the Book Forum! :) If you like Fantasy and Young Adult, have you read Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy?

Hi Halo,
I have only read the Golden Compass. Somehow I got sidetracked before I could complete the trilogy and I just haven't gotten back to the other two.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Aoide said:
Hi all. My name is Laurie and I live in Houston. I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this community.

I have a lot of interests including the arts, photography and of course reading! My favourite genre is Fantasy, but I also read some Mystery, Young Adult and I have some favourite books in just about every category. I hope to expand my list of authors and this seems like a great place to do it.

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I'm sure your list of authors and books to get will expand beyond anything you can imagine!

What arts you are interested in? I'm interested in photography too. Do you express yourself with art and photo?

I see you are reading Anubis Gate by Time Powers. I loved that! It's such a fine and original book with great characters. I loved the thief lord character in the book.

Wabbit said:
Hi there and welcome to the forum. I'm sure your list of authors and books to get will expand beyond anything you can imagine!

What arts you are interested in? I'm interested in photography too. Do you express yourself with art and photo?

I see you are reading Anubis Gate by Time Powers. I loved that! It's such a fine and original book with great characters. I loved the thief lord character in the book.

Hi Wabbit,

I certainly don't think of myself as an artist. I love going to the museums here in town. Houston has a number of very fine museums so I'm lucky in that respect. My favorite period is the Impressionist, but I really enjoy looking at all kinds of art.

I am a choir teacher so music surrounds my day. I'm a little bit of a musical fanatic so I try to see everything that comes through town.

As for photography, I am a total amateur. I enjoy taking pictures and I'm getting better slowly, but I'm nothing like some of the photographers that I have seen. But that doesn't really matter to me because I enjoy it.

Anubis Gates - I wasn't so sure at the beginning. I wasn't sucked into the story, but last night I had a hard time putting it down. I guess it got me! :D

Cool! Glad you are enjoying Anubis Gate! It's not gonna win any prizes for being deep, but it's a great adventure story!!!

I like the Impressionists too. They were an important movement. I like Monet out of the bunch. Not that keep on Pisarro, but I can see where he is coming from.

Back