• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello I am new here.

Balmy Westwind

Hi everyone,

I like to read and I have browsing about your forum for some time now and so I thought that I could join in. I have been reading almost all my life (sometimes in fits and starts and sometimes rubbish). Everyone here seems very friendly and very well read. It is a bit daunting to see the number of books some of you seem to get through, but good to hear what you think. I am currently reading the Kite Runner. It seems an easy read. I have a load of books waiting to be read but I am also looking for recommendations.

EVA:)

Hi

I mainly like to read fiction, although I do read other things. I like humour, adventure, and travel. I used to read historical romance. I liked Diana Gabaldon’s books but feel they are not improving. I don’t read a lot of horror, not because I don’t like it but because I find it scary. I feel I should read more of the classics but think I don’t have the time. It is a long time since I read any of them. I am not keen on crime but do read it and occasionally enjoy it. As I said I am looking for ideas and recommendations. I am not a member of a reading group, so I find this site very informative. Some of the books that I have bought and intend to read soon are The Pact by Jodi Picoult, the Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger and the latest Diana Gabaldon A Breath of Snow and Ashes. :)

Eva

Welcome to TBF! Jump right on in, you'll find the threads that appeal to you in no time.
th_coffee.jpg

Welcome to TBF, Eva :)

I'm another Diana Gabaldon fan. I'm hooked on her at the moment after reading Cross Stitch and Dragonfly in Amber. Voyager will be my next read :D

Balmy Westwind said:
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I think I will like it here.

Eva :)

...and yet another unwitting victim becomes a follower of the Cult of TBF.

:D

Hi Eva,
I have read The Kite Runner. Very interesting even if cliched and rather forumulaicly written. I think of it every time I see a kite now. :cool:

Geoff

Back