• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello (i guess)

Ms.

Hey,

I'm Ronan erm........... 21/m/Ireland (i feel dirty) I joined after being linked from a music forum. I've had a look about and it seems positively lovely and even if my posting drys up i'd imagine i'd stick about for your opinions and so you lot can turn me onto new authors/books. I'm currently reading both speak,memory by nabokov and the sailor who fell from grace with the sea by mishima. I'm a journalism student (in the loosest sense of the word) and i'm your stereotypical alt rock guy i make no claims to be otherwise. i tend to use <3 alot so i'll apologise in advance.

<3 (oh he's a witty one isnt he,the spa!)

I'm not quite sure

I used to play cs years ago under the name 'miss europa disco dancer' (manic street preachers song) that may play part in it but there is also that i find it visually pleasing.

While im here the warning/bar counter underneath my name,is this a newbie thing or merely that i have added it when tinkering with my profile

Hi, nice to meet you.

I'm a bit of an alt. music fan myself (whatever that means I guess), so we may have some musical taste in common.

Welcome to TBF, Ms. :)

Ms. said:
While im here the warning/bar counter underneath my name,is this a newbie thing or merely that i have added it when tinkering with my profile
It's a new feature that has been added to the site - not anything of your doing at all.

Oh, and what does <3 mean? I'm not up with all this snazzy net chat :p

ConstantReader said:
Hi, nice to meet you.

I'm a bit of an alt. music fan myself (whatever that means I guess), so we may have some musical taste in common.

I need to read a charter for the site/board assuming there is one(can you curse?)

I'll refrain from doing so for the time being but yes to me it pretty much means we're twats but we're not as bad as those other twats who say they're into 'everything' (read 60-90's rock/smattering of acoustic and mere drips of rap)

MonkeyCatcher said:
Welcome to TBF, Ms. :)

It's a new feature that has been added to the site - not anything of your doing at all.

Oh, and what does <3 mean? I'm not up with all this snazzy net chat :p

<3 = heart
<\3 = well yes........

thanks for the info

SFG75 said:
Glad to have you Ronin. Welcome to TBF!. Interesting moniker-had me fooled.

a) It's Ronan!
b) I always thought my masculinity shone through.... ouch baby

to everyone else hello!

Ms. said:
I need to read a charter for the site/board assuming there is one(can you curse?)
No, although sometimes it's overlooked if you do it in French. Irish might be even better.:D

clueless said:
No, although sometimes it's overlooked if you do it in French. Irish might be even better.:D

I realised only about 6 months ago the great advantage of Irish(well i say Irish but no one can really speak it) and its cursing tis wonderful!

Back