• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello there

Bonzo

Hello all, I'm Bonzo (no, not my real name) from Atlantic Canada. This year, I've been reading much moreso than I have been in recent years. The other message boards I frequent don't have book forums that are used very much, so I simply typed, "book forum" into Google and this was the first site that looked very appealing. So, here I am. I haven't lurked here before, so I don't know anyone and you don't know me, so I hope I'll be accepted instead of given the boot (I don't know what would make that happen - except maybe my opinion of The Catcher in the Rye!) Some of my favorite books include:
George Orwell's 1984
JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings
Roméo Dallaire's Shake Hands With the Devil
(No, not very obscure choices, but I like 'em)

I'm still a bit of a "noob" when it comes to books and literature in general - I know plenty of famous/classic books, I just haven't gotten around to reading them yet :p So, during my stay here (which will hopefully be a long one), any recommendations are welcomed and appreciated!

If you've got any more questions about me, I suppose this thread is the place to ask them.

Welcome

What is your opinion of The Catcher in the Rye. You won't get the boot from me whatever it is. I've never read it

clueless said:
Welcome

What is your opinion of The Catcher in the Rye. You won't get the boot from me whatever it is. I've never read it
There's a longer response in this thread, but in short: I didn't like it.

Welcome Bonzo, good Avatar.

You are far from alone in your opinion on 'Catcher in the Rye', I've seen it's reputation given a good kicking on more than one book message board.

K-S

Hi Bonzo!
Bonzo said:
Hello all, I'm Bonzo (no, not my real name) from Atlantic Canada.
Does Atlantic Canada just mean the east of Canada?

Bonzo said:
...my opinion of The Catcher in the Rye ... I didn't like it ...
If you wanna rant on about not liking The Catcher in the Rye, have a look at this thread: The Most overrated fiction book ever?

Bonzo said:
Some of my favorite books include: George Orwell's 1984 ...
You really like 1984? For me it got way too confusing and abstract in the end.

Try Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. The theme is quiet similar but more readable in my opinion.

To Rogue:
Yes, Atlantic Canada does mean the east coast. "Atlantic Canada" covers PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
And yes, I really did love 1984, from beginning to end.

Bonzo said:
To Rogue:
Yes, Atlantic Canada does mean the east coast. "Atlantic Canada" covers PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
And yes, I really did love 1984, from beginning to end.

So, then, are you a blue-nose, like Jenn-O-Spamerific wants to be?

(she's an import, don't let her fool you!)

Welcome Bonzo. Love me some Swedish Chef!

Back