• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello!

Bagpuss

I've just signed up today, having lurked for two or three days. I like the forum, although some of the threads in General Chat seem a little scary!

I love reading, although compared to some of the members here I may seem a bit shallow! I love lots of chick lit, e.g Sophie Kinsella, Jane Green, Marian Keyes etc.

I've recently read Swallowing Grandma by Kate Long, which was good, and also The Time Traveler's Wife, which I thought was excellent.

My favourite book is probably Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier - in fact, it's probably due another read!

I waffle when I'm nervous!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting 'stuck in' to the forum! :)

Don't be nervous.

Welcome!

The GC area can be a bit scary, but that's what it is there for! Have fun, and make some friends. I sure have!

Welcome to both Bagpuss and Tina! Don't be afraid to post about the books YOU like. We've just had a big discussion about how some people are afraid of sounding unintelligent if they read blockbuster fiction, chick lit (me!), horror or romance. This forum is about what YOU like to read, so go ahead and tell us your thoughts about whatever you like!

Personally, if you start a thread about that Shopaholic girl I will have a thing or two to say about how I wanted to ring her neck... and yet I couldn't stop turning the pages!

Have fun! :)

Hi janet,
Welcome!
No need to be apologetic about what you read. There's a Time Traveler's Wife forum just waiting for your thoughts. In addition, I see that I have read your top two best, so you sure won't get any flak from me. :)
Glad you're here!
Peder

And Tina, too,
Welcome!
It's fun in here.
At least as good as a roller coaster that goes up and down and turns you upside down and all around. j/k j/k
But the more you post the more you'll like it. So start right in.
Have fun,:)
Peder

Kookamoor said:
Don't be afraid to post about the books YOU like. We've just had a big discussion about how some people are afraid of sounding unintelligent if they read blockbuster fiction, chick lit (me!), horror or romance. This forum is about what YOU like to read, so go ahead and tell us your thoughts about whatever you like!

Exactly. Welcome to the forum, Bagpuss! :) (Used to love that programme!)

me too :eek:

... and everybody loved him...

big11.gif

Welcome to the forum! Don't be afraid! Get on in there :)

Welcome to the forum, Bagpuss :)

I can't say that I've ever heard of Bagpuss before.. what was it about (apart from a cat of course... :p )?

Bagpuss said:
...although some of the threads in General Chat seem a little scary!

How so? You have nothing to fear; everyone here is very courteous and welcoming! Also, I don't think that we've ever had a nervous waffler in the forums - at least none that I'm familiar with. We're very happy to have a waffler in the forums, so welcome! :)

Back