• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help Finding Book to read!!!

harrypotterrox

I realllly need help trying to find a good book. Either fantasy or romance.... around 300 pgs?! If you have a recomandation that would be great!!!

ps. Harry Potter Rox!:D

Fantasy ?

Perhaps you should start Terry Pratchett's Discworld Series . you will not regret it. I my self do not like fantasy but I have heard lots of praise for Discworld series. Start from volume 1: The Color of Magic and find the whole series at amazon. I am a newbie and hence not allowed to post the link, till I have 15 posts. sorry. search amazon yourself. Enjoy .. :p

soz,cant help you,unless you want horror? all the fantasy books i read seem to have about 450-1000 pages

if you want horror,try darren shans 'Demonata',a seiries of grisly death and demons with three different protagonists,the books are alla bout 220-280 pages,the three narraters are Grubbs(the main one),Kernel,and Bec.although if you dont like blood and guts,dont read this seiries(theres actually a scene in which the characters are in a universe made of guts

Fantasy ?

Perhaps you should start Terry Pratchett's Discworld Series . you will not regret it. I my self do not like fantasy but I have heard lots of praise for Discworld series. Start from volume 1: The Color of Magic and find the whole series at amazon. I am a newbie and hence not allowed to post the link, till I have 15 posts. sorry. search amazon yourself. Enjoy .. :p

Discworld is a great series! Very amusing and a joy to read. The nice thing about them is they can pretty much be read in any order.

you could try the belgariad by david eddings,they are a kickass adventure series about a group of people on a quest,the narrator is garion,or 'belgarion',the group he travels with...

Barak-a giant who is doomed to tranform into a beast
Silk-a devilish man who is a thief,trickster and merchant
Durnik-Smith
Hettar(joins in second book)-man with a telepathic bond with horses
Lelldorin-(joins and leave sin second book)careless young man who is amazing with a bow
Ce'Nedra(joins in second half of second book)-a princess who runs away from her father
Belgarath/Wolf-Ancient sorcerer over seven thousand years old,garions granfather,with many greats in between
Polgara-Belgaraths daughter,also a sorcerer,garions distant aunt
Mandorallen-(joins in second book)Brave knight with plenty of skill and little independent brainpower,takes things a little too ltierally and makes a fool of himself often

i havnt gotten furthor but i know more people join and leave,itsd a great seiries,all the books are about 300-370 pages long i think..

You know, one of the best (and light) romances I've ever read is "The Cater Street Hangman" by Anne Perry. It's a murder mystery set in Victorian England first and foremost, but there's a strong romantic element to it. It's easy to read and the characters are intriguing. My puny paperback contains only 287 pages.

Back