• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey Ice Hockey Fans !!!!! Deal?

YAHOOOO! I've been checking constantly the last few days and was very happy to see the report this morning! Of course, the way it's gone so far I won't be completely convinced until they hold their little press conference (reportedly next week) officially announcing everything but it's still great to hear!

Oh I hope the NHL's back next year! Over here the replacement for hockey's been poker. I don't think there's anything quite as dull as watching people play a boring card game and lose huge amounts of money.

Yep...I won't believe it until I see them skating on the ice, and scoring goals....

But at least there's now a glimmer of hope on the horizon.

Let's Go Flyers!!!!! Lets Go Flyers!!!!

Maple Leafs Suck!!!!

Lets Go Flyers!!!!!

yeah...that feels about right.....

Motokid said:
Let's Go Flyers!!!!! Lets Go Flyers!!!!

Maple Leafs Suck!!!!

Lets Go Flyers!!!!!

yeah...that feels about right.....

For my money, remove "Flyers", add "Avs".
Strike "Maple Leafs" and substitute "Red Wings!"
:D
Either way, I can't wait!

It sounds too good to be true.

It should be rattified next week, then the draft lottery and the draft on the 30th. WOW!!!!

at least we can all agree that ESPN should stuff poker up its.... :eek:

maple leafs suck maple leafs suck maple leafs suck maple leafs suck

pwilson said:
For my money, remove "Flyers", add "Avs".
Strike "Maple Leafs" and substitute "Red Wings!"
:D
Either way, I can't wait!

I can see some potential for some fun.

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

THE LEAFS SUCK!!!!!

Robert said:
It sounds too good to be true.

It should be rattified next week, then the draft lottery and the draft on the 30th. WOW!!!!
Depending on the deal specifics, they said as many as 2/3 of the current players could be free agents! Can you image how crazy (and fun) the next few months will be?

pwilson said:
Depending on the deal specifics, they said as many as 2/3 of the current players could be free agents! Can you image how crazy (and fun) the next few months will be?

It's the only thing that can make me look forward to the end of summer...

pwilson said:

Yeah, I'm trying to imagine. We should know late next week who wins the Crosby sweepstakes.

Motokid said:
It's the only thing that can make me look forward to the end of summer...

It's funny, I already find myself looking forward to crisp autumn days. One nice thing about hockey is you actually have something to make you look forward to a Tuesday night.

pwilson said:
It's funny, I already find myself looking forward to crisp autumn days. One nice thing about hockey is you actually have something to make you look forward to a Tuesday night.

Now if they'll only broadcast NHL Center Ice in HD.

It'll be interesting to see how badly ESPN makes them beg before they pick the NHL back up. From what I've heard, they'll take them back but for a very reduced price. Luckily, the Avalanche owner started his own station last year so they should televise 95% of the games around here. Still, I want as much hockey as possible so hopefully there will be a decent amount of national coverage.

It's okay boys, I can respect the fact that you cheer for a lesser team. Some people just don't know better. I won't think the less of you for it. :D

Except for a few games ABC is going to pick up, I don't see much in the way of national coverage.

NHL CENTER ICE RULES!!!!!!

Back