• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey Ice Hockey Fans !!!!! Deal?

dele said:
It's okay boys, I can respect the fact that you cheer for a lesser team. Some people just don't know better. I won't think the less of you for it. :D

That's much appreciated, dele.

Please remind me. It's how many years and counting since the last time the Leafs owned the cup?

Robert said:
That's much appreciated, dele.

Please remind me. It's how many years and counting since the last time the Leafs owned the cup?

You weren't supposed to know about that! :eek:

No one's perfect. :eek:

pwilson said:
That would definitely be my first choice, but I'm not sure my wife would agree! Doesn't NBC actually have some coverage too?

Not that I'm aware of, but I could have missed something.

Catalyst said:
I have no idea what you are all talking about...does that make me very british or very female!?
Hockey's a way of life over here. Our world almost ended when there was no hockey for the 2004-2005 season.

It's so nice to hear such hockey passion from others Stateside (we expect it from those of you north of the border :) ) I get so sick of hearing about the indifference of Americans cause many people I know live and die with their team.

Those souls that don't follow the sport don't know what they're missing.

It feels great just talking about it again!

pwilson said:
It'll be interesting to see how badly ESPN makes them beg before they pick the NHL back up. From what I've heard, they'll take them back but for a very reduced price. Luckily, the Avalanche owner started his own station last year so they should televise 95% of the games around here.

We've got NESN, so the Bruins games are usually on there. I'm not celebrating until the season starts though. There's just too much that can go wrong.

I don't think there is going to be any problems. The agreement favors the owners/league, and the players don't want to lose another season's worth of paycheck.

It's the light at the end of the tunnel.

Robert said:
I don't think there is going to be any problems. The agreement favors the owners/league, and the players don't want to lose another season's worth of paycheck.

It's the light at the end of the tunnel.

I agree, but since they've found so many ways to bungle this so far, it'll still be a huge relief to see the two knuckleheads shaking hands.

pwilson said:
I agree, but since they've found so many ways to bungle this so far, it'll still be a huge relief to see the two knuckleheads shaking hands.

You're not kidding. I haven't stopped smiling since I heard the news.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

How funny would it be if the highest payroll team, The New York Rangers (gag...cough...cough....gag....) were forced to unload all their high priced players, and then made it into the playoffs the very first season after the strike with a bunch of relative unknowns? Man...that would be funny...

I mean, it would be funny at the expense of the Devil's and/or the Maple Leafs....

Lets Go Flyers !!!!!

Lets Go Flyers !!!!!

Lets Go Flyers !!!!!

maple leafs suck maple leafs suck maple leafs suck maple leafs suck

Robert said:
Those souls that don't follow the sport don't know what they're missing.

It feels great just talking about it again!

There's no way I was going to let this thread slide in to oblivion. It wasn't that long ago that Ell & I were (about) the ones here discussing hockey.

Add me to the list of those overjoyed! Though it will be a different product than we're used to, even with the rule changes I can't wait.

One of the nice things about my town is that we had minor league hockey for the season. I suggest that if any of you other hockey nuts out there ever get the chance, check out the game at a lower level. For example, when I lived in Denver I went to a number of D.U. games (a subtle hint to pwilson) and the enthusiasm that the college kids showed was equal to that of any pro player. And this year I attended a Michigan vs Notre Dame game that was excellent!

I'm also anxious to see what channel The Crosby Show ends up on. We in the States haven't had a good look at him yet. From what I've read, the sport can use him though.

And last, having lived in Denver (and being a Sakic/Forsberg fan....and miss Sir Patrick) GO AVS! :cool:

RaVeN

I've been to ECHL, AHL and NHL games. I don't care for ECHL hockey, but AHL hockey is great fun!

Just wondering what it is about the East Coast games that you didn't like? Goons, rules, officiating?

Our town has been in the UHL for the last 5-6 years, but before that we were in the IHL, comparable to the AHL, for nearly 50.

RaVeN

Back