• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hey

steinbeckfan89

Hey, I'm Daniel. I'm 19 years old and i just graduated high school. I'm a huge John Steinbeck fan, as you can tell from my username. I'm a lover of all things technology, and i'm going to be in the business of computer repair soon. I never liked reading until my aunt forced me to start when i was 10. I learned to read naturally with little to no teaching, and since junior high i have been able to read almost anything and fully comprehend it. My main passion, though, is music. I play guitar and i listen to music constantly, unless I'm at work or school of course. Right now, i am reading To a God unknown by John Steinbeck.

Right now, i am reading To a God unknown by John Steinbeck.
I read that a few years back, and mean to read it again very soon. He's one of my favourite writers, and I say that without having read his biggies, like The Grapes Of Wrath and East Of Eden.

I have read, in addition to To A God Unknown, these ones: Cup Of Gold, The Red Pony, The Moon Is Down, Burning Bright, Of Mice And Men, and The Pearl. I've got all his books, fiction and non-fiction, though, so they are there should I ever wish to get round to them.

His son, Thomas Steinbeck, is a writer too, although to date he has only put out a single collection of short stories, called Down To A Soundless Sea.

I read that a few years back, and mean to read it again very soon. He's one of my favourite writers, and I say that without having read his biggies, like The Grapes Of Wrath and East Of Eden.

I have read, in addition to To A God Unknown, these ones: Cup Of Gold, The Red Pony, The Moon Is Down, Burning Bright, Of Mice And Men, and The Pearl. I've got all his books, fiction and non-fiction, though, so they are there should I ever wish to get round to them.

His son, Thomas Steinbeck, is a writer too, although to date he has only put out a single collection of short stories, called Down To A Soundless Sea.

I did not know that, thanks for the info :)

Hey welcome to you, Daniel---I have to admit that I haven't had the pleasure of reading anything Steinbeck---if I was to start, what book would you recommend first?

Hey welcome to you, Daniel---I have to admit that I haven't had the pleasure of reading anything Steinbeck---if I was to start, what book would you recommend first?

i would recommend either Tortilla Flat or To a God unknown. I started with The grapes of wrath though

To a God Unknown sounds VERY interesting! I'll have to put it on my wish list for now and remember it for later. Thanks!

i would recommend either Tortilla Flat or To a God unknown. I started with The grapes of wrath though

Haven't heard of To a God unknown.
Read and enjoyed many others by Steinbeck.
I also have to pick up Sweet Thursday someday.

Steinbeck is one of my favorites also. :)

Welcome.

Back