• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi from another new member!

peacefield

Hi everyone-

Just thought I'd jump in and say hi. My name's Marcia and I live in Minneapolis, MN. I'm grateful to have found a site like this - everyone seems nice and welcoming too :)

I'm in the midst of reading 'The Third Secret' for the book club I'm in with some of my co-workers.

Looking forward to posting!

Welcome to the group! I'm sure you'll find lots to keep you tied to your computer and even more great books to add to your wish list:D

Thanks for the welcome, all! StillILearn, I stole my name from a ranch we drove by one night in Anza, Ca. I thought it was so neat that I've used it ever since!

Anyone have a good suggestion for an avatar site? I'm at a loss at what to choose. Where did you guys get yours?

Hi Marcia, and welcome to TBF!

I like to find my own image (for example using Google Image search) and then resize it (64x64 pixels). To resize you can either use your own imaging program or I like to use a downloadable program called Avatar Sizer. It works great :)

Look I found Bob Ross! Now I have a happy avatar with happy trees and a happy sky :D

Welcome to you too, Appolonia!

He was a guy who had a TV show here in the US. He would show you how to paint and would pretty much finish a whole painting per show. I used to love to watch him when I was young :eek:

He always used to say things like "...I think we'll paint a happy little tree right here..." or "...here's a happy house by a happy little stream..." LOL

peacefield said:
He was a guy who had a TV show here in the US. He would show you how to paint and would pretty much finish a whole painting per show. I used to love to watch him when I was young :eek:

Thanks! :) Kind of like a US Rolf Harris then? Or maybe not...

Back