• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi, y'all

WriterJohnB

Hello I'm new to the forum. I looked around and it seems like a great place to see what readers are up to, which is good for a writer, even though I'm from the other side of the pond. Mostly, I write suspense novels but with a paranormal or SF twist of some sort. I've done short stories and quirky poetry, along with stuff for kids, but novels are my main thing. See you around.

JohnB

Welcome to B&R! Which side of the country are youfrom? The left side or the right? I'm from the Great American Outback myself..aka Kansas, where ponds are freaks of nature, and jealously guarded..

I'm from Virginia, living on the edge of the Great Dismal Swamp on land reclaimed from the swamp by the Dismal Swamp Canal back in 1805, which makes my bio more interesting, especially for horror stories..

I'm from Virginia, living on the edge of the Great Dismal Swamp on land reclaimed from the swamp by the Dismal Swamp Canal back in 1805, which makes my bio more interesting, especially for horror stories..

I suppose it does add a touch of
credence when you can say,"I've personally rescued three swamp critters from the pound.":D If you can find a three legged dog for the photo..even better! We have a few areas designated as wetlands here, but no one goes so far as to call them swamps..but I think they should qualify anyway.

I live very close to the Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge!!! \

Yeah, well, um, your swamp might be great, but mine is great AND Dismal. And Indian legend says the lake in the middle (Lake Drummond) was created by a fiery bird. And Edgar Allen Poe wrote a poem about it. And it was part of the Underground Railroad. So there! (Hope this posts alright, I'm still learning.)

JohnB

Welcome!

Greetings! Be sure to post some of your work here, we have some good critics.;)

Back