• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi

Shaun

Hi,

A quick introduction. My name is Shaun Jeffrey and I write horror/speculative fiction. I grew up in a house in a cemetery, which although it may explain a lot, gave me a perfect grounding for writing dark prose. I look forward to delving deeper into the forum and getting to know you all.

Welcome to the forum, Shaun! :) You lived in a house in a cemetary? They made a film about that: Shaun of the Dead! Oh, never mind...

Everybody got in with the "Shaun of the dead jokes" before me :(

*kicks rock and mumbles under breath"

Anyway, welcome and keep your zombies under control or I'll have to get nasty! Enjoy :)

Welcome Shaun. Your story of growing up in a cemetery reminds me of a favorite story of mine by Brian Jacques. It's from a book called Seven Strange and Ghostly Tales. The story is called "Jamie and the Vampire" and is about a boy who takes a dare to spend the night in a cemetery...I heard it on audio and it makes me laugh every time I hear it.
I hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Thanks Chewie and Abecedarian,

Growing up in a house in a cemetery was certainly unusual. When you consider people expect to finish their lives at such a place, and not start there, I wonder whether I'm living my life in reverse :eek:

Hi Bobbyburns,

It had its moments. I remember there was a tree in the middle of the cemetery called the witching tree, which was supposedly an ancient gathering place for witches. Don't know how true it was, but to a fertile imagination ... ;)

peanuts

how does a house get to be in a cemetery? my eye twitched a little while i was thinking about it... but hi, im new too. im a 16 yr old girl who lives in florida.

Hi Lovermuffin,

Good to 'meet' you. In answer to your question, the house belonged to my grandparents, who were the cemetery caretakers, and my mother and I used to live with them. :)

Back