• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hi

Elyse Mac

kickbox
Just wanted to say "Hi." I'm a Junior at the University of Georgia in Athens Ga. Hoping to find an ecletic group to have some good discussions.
Cheers
Elyse ;)

Bienvenido, E-Mac!

Not only are we eclectic, but there are folks here from everywhere!

Welcome to TBF. Hope you find as much fun here as I have!

Welcome to TBF!.
Smokin.bmp

I would just like to say a word of thanks to everyone on this forum, whether you've replied to any of my posts or not. I have been to many book discussions and this is first place I've been that replies to my opinions haven't been rude, or even bordered on negative. Everyone here is so positive and I think the people here can agree to disagree and be nice about it. I have been so turned off by my former book discussions because I don't believe that you should have a "mean" tone in your replies or posts to another member. We are all here to share a love of reading... or writing... and that is a common bond that we should cherish. I think everyone should be supportive and give constructive criticism and overlook the spelling errors. Heh. We are all human... Or at least I hope we are! ;)
Thank you again
Elyse

Hi Elyse! Welcome to the forum and glad to hear you're enjoying yourself here. This is definately the most accommodating forum I've ever been on - there isn't the elitism that you get on so many others, and I find almost all the members very welcoming. There is the odd occasion where things get a bit firey, but almost all situations can be explained and sorted out, especially given how ready many of the forum members are to help the mods mediate when there is a disagreement.

Keep on reading and posting! I look forward to chatting with you more soon! What type of books do you enjoy?

Elyse Mac said:
I would just like to say a word of thanks to everyone on this forum, whether you've replied to any of my posts or not. I have been to many book discussions and this is first place I've been that replies to my opinions haven't been rude, or even bordered on negative. Everyone here is so positive and I think the people here can agree to disagree and be nice about it. I have been so turned off by my former book discussions because I don't believe that you should have a "mean" tone in your replies or posts to another member. We are all here to share a love of reading... or writing... and that is a common bond that we should cherish. I think everyone should be supportive and give constructive criticism and overlook the spelling errors. Heh. We are all human... Or at least I hope we are! ;)
Thank you again
Elyse

All right, enough of that mushy crap. Do you have something to post? We are getting a little tired of waiting.

Jeeze, they log in, say hello, then start spouting all this crap.

Didn't you get hugged enough as a child?

:D :D :D

(I think you are right. We have a big nest of lovin' going on here! Hope you find some friends. I have!)

Ha Ha! Ok... damn. I quit with the mushy stuff. I'm just such a GIRL!!!!
And if I say that I didn't get hugged enough as a child... do you think I'll get some hugs???!!!! :D

What do I like to read?! Well, I'll be honest, I'm up to try anything once. I like historical fiction, 18th cent. literature, horror, sci fi and fantasy... it depends on my mood at the moment. I'm currently majoring in literature with a concentration on 18th and 19th Brit. Lit. So, I'm definitely partial. Thanks for asking Koo.

Elyse Mac said:
Ha Ha! Ok... damn. I quit with the mushy stuff. I'm just such a GIRL!!!!
And if I say that I didn't get hugged enough as a child... do you think I'll get some hugs???!!!! :D

Now, see, you led me into this!

If I say "I'll hug you", or "You can always have a hug from me" or anything like that, Jenn-o-whatever-her-name-is will look at our age difference and call me a perv!

But, I am kind of a perv, so...

"You can get some hugs from me anytime, E-Mac!" :D

Hello Elyse Mac.
I've not been on this forum for long, but they seem like a friendly enough bunch. Well, so far, anyway :) But maybe they're waiting for me to say or do something wrong so they can pounce!
Oh, btw, there's nothing wrong with mushy. As long as you're not a hippy, of course.

CDA said:
Hello Elyse Mac.
I've not been on this forum for long, but they seem like a friendly enough bunch. Well, so far, anyway :) But maybe they're waiting for me to say or do something wrong so they can pounce!
Oh, btw, there's nothing wrong with mushy. As long as you're not a hippy, of course.

CDA! We share the same birth date! You are exactly one year older than me!

cool.

and don't be encouraging all this mushy crap! :D

Back