• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Holidays

What do you celebrate?

• Yule / Solstice

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Sukkot

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Diwali

• Halloween

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Ramadan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kwanzaa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Los Dias De Los Muertos

• Christmas

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • A holiday not listed here

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I do not celebrate any holiday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm... you celebrate Diwali? I'd have thought it would be Vaisakhi.

ds

Yep,we do DS, we make more of an effort for Diwali than Vaisakhi. In fact I usually find out it's Vaisakhi after the event. My parents celebrated almost everything and my siblings just carried on the tradition.

Diwali for us usually means spending two days together. The celebrations amount to stuffing ourselves with way too much food (everything from pakoras to er chip butties), a few crappy fireworks, and staying up the entire night talking about everything and nothing.
This is then repeated at Christmas, minus the fireworks and with double the presents, oh and instead of two days, we're together from Christmas Eve until New years day.

In fact I usually find out it's Vaisakhi after the event.
LOL!

Well, it's a prelude to bigger and gooder fun for you, so it's great. The Punjabis here don't celebrate Diwali... but we all go to our Indian friends' houses for curry... Yum.

All this talk of festival and holidays is making me hungry.

ds

Back