• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Holy Cheap Kindles Batman!

Everyone with Kindles, stay steady. We knew this was going to happen sometime when we bought the ones we have, right?
Stiff upper lips, frozen smiles everyone.
:D

Everyone with Kindles, stay steady. We knew this was going to happen sometime when we bought the ones we have, right?
Stiff upper lips, frozen smiles everyone.
:D

/groan/ We knew, but did we know?

That said, I wonder what the next version will be like. Mo' Bettah, yes? :cool:

Technology marches on. BTW, how is that Kobo treating you?

Next version as in the ones that come after the Kindle Touch? Color most likely.

I don't think I'd want to read books on the Kindle Fire though. Glare city. Plus you're supposed to be able to see the capacitor lines from the touch sensitive screen quite strongly. It will succeed I am sure, given the low price point for ownership. For a dedicated ereader though, I'll stick with my Kindle; new Kindle ereaders look nice too! For a tablet PC, I'd likely go iPad2.

Technology marches on. BTW, how is that Kobo treating you?

Next version as in the ones that come after the Kindle Touch? Color most likely.

Hah, haven't used the Kobo since we bought two kindles. :D

Re versions...the Kindle Fire is color. I haven't looked too closely at it yet, don't want to click before the next, and hopefully better and cheaper versions come out. In a year or two I expect.

I'm not sure I would want a kindle touch version. I have an iphone, and unless the kindles are less sensitive than that, it's a nuisance to me in a way. Of course the kindle would have a bigger pad, and that would help.

I'm skipping the first gen Fire. I will revisit it at second gen.

I did a double take at the kindle Touch, but decided it wasn't worth replacing the nearly new button type I currently use. If something happens to it then maybe.

I love the new pricing model. I don't want to be bothered with the "special offers" versions but the idea that these are becoming affordable to most everyone makes me very happy.

Amazon and Google are the fundamental building blocks of Skynet. I am am convinced of that.

Alix, yes you can.

Sneezy, I will wait until Gen II as well. Never an early adopter be.

Ugh. :spam: Back to topic...

A good friend of mine's daughter has a Kindle Fire. That thing is sweet! I'm happy with the Kindle I have, just wish I hadn't paid so much, but then I could say the same for my HDTV, DVR, iPod, laptop, digital camera, etc.

I've been saying for years that once you take it out of the box, it's obsolete.

I bought a netbook and got Kindle app from Amazon....colour pics....tons of fonts to choose from...easy to tote about and sits up on a table with no stand at all. Add to that, if you are a writer like me, you have a word processor in there, windows 7, emails and so on....it's so much better than just a Kindle.

And I can't see this being obsolete because it's already got everythng I want in it. I am not a gamer...I just need to be able to read and write. My PC is good for storage etc and all my music apps.

I bought a netbook and got Kindle app from Amazon....colour pics....tons of fonts to choose from...easy to tote about and sits up on a table with no stand at all. Add to that, if you are a writer like me, you have a word processor in there, windows 7, emails and so on....it's so much better than just a Kindle.

And I can't see this being obsolete because it's already got everythng I want in it. I am not a gamer...I just need to be able to read and write. My PC is good for storage etc and all my music apps.

Yea, a lot of people seem to snag an other device and just use the "Kindle App" rather then actually just buying a Kindle. Which is fine and sometimes even works out better :)

I just picked up the Kindle Touch - I didn't spring for the fancy one because frankly, if I want all of that I'll get a tablet.

It should be here in two days. I'm excited and disappointed, all at once.

I just picked up the Kindle Touch - I didn't spring for the fancy one because frankly, if I want all of that I'll get a tablet.

It should be here in two days. I'm excited and disappointed, all at once.

Why are ya disappointed? The Kindle Touch is a nice device :)

I mean I’m disappointed because I know I’ll like it and I’ll read it more than I read real books, and I love real books. :(

Not disappointed in my choice, I think I did well, there. I’ll miss the feel and smell of a good paperback, though.

I mean I’m disappointed because I know I’ll like it and I’ll read it more than I read real books, and I love real books. :(

Not disappointed in my choice, I think I did well, there. I’ll miss the feel and smell of a good paperback, though.

I'm always in the middle of two or three books, one of which is always the real deal. The other two are one on my Kindle and another that I read on my desktop through the cloud at work. This way, I get the best of all three worlds. I do have to have a paper book going though. I'm not sure why. I'm quirky I guess.

Similar to BeerWench, I am always into a variety of books at once. But just at the moment I'm not using my Kindle; the current paperbacks have captured my whole attention, even for carrying to the barbershop. :D
But I'll be back to using Kindle in the mix soon. It is my usual go-to choice when heading out the door.

Just because you have a Kindle doesn't mean you won't read DTB. Sometimes you can't get what you want on Kindle, sometimes the library beckons...

Back