• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How do you keep your...

I either take them off when I'm reading or I buy the plastic covers and good tape from work and cover them.

I guess that the moving of it hasn't bothered me. I leave it on while I read and then use the flap as a bookmark.:)

I guess that the moving of it hasn't bothered me. I leave it on while I read and then use the flap as a bookmark.:)

Glad to see someone else does that too! My main gripe is when the stupid cover won't stay on well enough to use as a bookmark. If it is my book, that's when the cover gets retired.

I'm just glad that you posted-I thought I was the odd one out on this. What weirdo leaves the jacket on?:p

I sometimes get annoyed with the library's taped covers. Why does it happen so often that the tape waits til the book is in MY possession before the losing its sticking power? I know patrons are discouraged from using regular scotch tape, so I have to limp along with a cover that won't stay on and gets pretty snaggly looking by the time I take it back. :rolleyes:

For those that use the cover flaps as a bookmark....I have a question.
What happens if you're reading a REALLY LONG book? Do you stretch the cover and make it work or just give up and use a bookmark :confused: This question has bothered me for awhile, being someone who just takes the dust jacket off and uses a bookmark.

most of my books are around the 250-400 pages so the cover works still. If the book was that big I'd probably buy it in paperback anyways because it would be soooo expensive and then I'd use some junk mail!

For those that use the cover flaps as a bookmark....I have a question.
What happens if you're reading a REALLY LONG book? Do you stretch the cover and make it work or just give up and use a bookmark :confused: This question has bothered me for awhile, being someone who just takes the dust jacket off and uses a bookmark.

use the back cover flap when you get past the halfway point......?

God! My Eyes! My EyesSSSSS!!

:mad:

20.gif

Back