• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How do you live?

Baddie

I'm just so excited right now, just have to share it with everyone.:) :)
Me and my boyfriend bought our first home today. It's in my hometown. We work in two different cities and this town is right in between. We will both have to drive about 25 minutes in different directions to get to work (thats the same way I got today). Don't mean to brag, but put out some pictures of my future home.

It's fifthy prosent of this house:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v234_Norwayfan21_Bakside.jpg
Livingroom
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v234_Norwayfan21_Stue1.jpg
Kitchen
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v234_Norwayfan21_Kjkken.jpg
Main bedroom (there are also to smaller bedrooms)
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v234_Norwayfan21_Hovedsoverom.jpg
Bath upstairs
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v234_Norwayfan21_Badopp1.jpg
Bath downstairs
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v234_Norwayfan21_Badnede.jpg

A question for everyone;
How do you live?
Do you live with your parents/friends, do you rent a home or do you own your home (to be right the bank own your home...)??

Me and my boyfriend have lived with our parents untill now. We are both 23, finished with our education and got good jobs. So we fill ready to leave our parents and start things on our own. We haven't lived together before so it will be exciting. :p We have been together for 5,5 years so we know each other really well. Gonna use hips of money the upcomming weeks, since we need almost everything.:confused:

I rent an apartment on the outskirts of stanford campus. I have one roommate. She is a grad student as well.

lyman_ext2th.jpg

Baddie, congratulations on your first home. You are now officially "house poor" ;) Just like me! I particularly love the bathroom. Wish I had a skylight in mine.

As for me; my hubby and I own a home and 11 acres in the middle of nowhere. Very peaceful and you can pee outside without anyone to see you.:D

my Wife and I along with our two cats rent a small two bedroom apartment in the south end of regina. hoping to buy a condo soon though!

I moving on up! I now live in a trailer park. Last year I was in a cardboard box in the alley. :p

Seriously, I am a homeowner.

I'd love to tell you all about my life in our yurt with the 10 kids, one dog and 7 cats but part of it would be sheer fabrication and better suited for a different part of this forum, so I'll refrain:p

Instead, I'll tell you all about our 6 bedroom house on 5 acres out in the county..Two of the 10 kids are out of the house, but the rest are all very much still here-including the critters.

A one room, fourth-floor walkup under the eaves of an 1880s building, with my husband and our 2,000 books. In a few months we're moving to a more spacious neighborhood and renting part of an old house.

Stewart said:
Doesn't anyone live in the gutter anymore? :(

This is America friend, if we tried that, social services would have snatched our kids a long time ago..and we would have had our case splashed all over the morning paper from here to Timbuktu:rolleyes:

Beautiful pics, Baddie! I love your house! So awesome!

I live with my parents, being only seventeen years of age. Also in the house are my fifteen-year-old brother, a basset hound/labrador mix named Raven-Lenore, and three cats named Socks, Sarah, and Echo. And somehere in my brother's room is a gecko, which is still alive, according to him.

Later I'll try to post some pics of my room. It's really cool, because it's a really big room and the front part is a library. Having that gave me so much more room, because I made a new wall out of books...and the books weren't all over the floor anymore.

drmjwdvm said:
Baddie, congratulations on your first home. You are now officially "house poor" ;) Just like me! I particularly love the bathroom. Wish I had a skylight in mine.

As for me; my hubby and I own a home and 11 acres in the middle of nowhere. Very peaceful and you can pee outside without anyone to see you.:D

Thanks! I really like the bath myself. Since you liked it I'll show you the rest of the bath upstairs.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v234_Norwayfan21_Badopp2.jpg

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
Beautiful pics, Baddie! I love your house! So awesome!

I live with my parents, being only seventeen years of age. Also in the house are my fifteen-year-old brother, a basset hound/labrador mix named Raven-Lenore, and three cats named Socks, Sarah, and Echo. And somehere in my brother's room is a gecko, which is still alive, according to him.

Later I'll try to post some pics of my room. It's really cool, because it's a really big room and the front part is a library. Having that gave me so much more room, because I made a new wall out of books...and the books weren't all over the floor anymore.

Thanks to Valkyrie and everyone. I would love to see some pictures of your room. A wall of books sounds amazing!

Bye the way we will be moving in the 15th of September. Can't wait.

After much negotiation I came to an agreement with a builder today on a house a little Northwest of Greensboro, NC. The house is about 3 weeks away from completion.

Back