• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How do you live?

drmjwdvm said:
Muggle we must do dinner when you get down here!
sounds good. It will be quite a while though before we get there and settled in. We do not close on our house until Nov 16 and the same day we will close on the NC house. Sooner if our buyer sells her house quicker but no later than Nov 16.

I do not post a photo of the house due to the same reason I did not post my contributions in volunteering......you understand I believe.:)

chris302116 said:
I live in a cardboard box in the fast lane of the M4. :(

But it is a nice cardboard box. :)

My cardboard box is tan with a red door. It isn't on any fast lane at all, except when the UPS guy is making his rounds:rolleyes: ( We try to stay out of his way..)

drmjwdvm said:
Muggle we must do dinner when you get down here!
It is official now. We were in North Carolina for a few days and signed the contract on Monday afternoon. The house still has approx. 4 weeks worth of work on it to completion.

I think that you should bring the wine. ;)

muggle said:
It is official now. We were in North Carolina for a few days and signed the contract on Monday afternoon. The house still has approx. 4 weeks worth of work on it to completion.

Congratulations! I hope the move is smooth and downright deadly dull..but as you know, Murphy's Law and the Hidden Bummer Factor mean you might want to wait on opening that bottle..;) Hope you enjoy your new home just the same.

abecedarian said:
My cardboard box is tan with a red door. It isn't on any fast lane at all, except when the UPS guy is making his rounds:rolleyes: ( We try to stay out of his way..)

You folks with them posh cardboard boxes don't half rub it in. Mine is just cardboard box colour. It was the UPS guy who told me that mine was quite up-market. :p

chris302116 said:
You folks with them posh cardboard boxes don't half rub it in. Mine is just cardboard box colour. It was the UPS guy who told me that mine was quite up-market. :p

And if anyone would know..the UPS guy is the one:p
My cousin is a UPS pilot, now there's a guy with a upscale cardboard box:rolleyes: ( Or so I hear, me and my urchins have never been invited..)

abecedarian said:
And if anyone would know..the UPS guy is the one:p
My cousin is a UPS pilot, now there's a guy with a upscale cardboard box:rolleyes: ( Or so I hear, me and my urchins have never been invited..)

I bet he's got one of them all new plastic ones that don't disintegrate after a few rain showers. I'm saving up(s) for one

chris302116 said:
I bet he's got one of them all new plastic ones that don't disintegrate after a few rain showers. I'm saving up(s) for one

Good luck with that.. this one is not only plastic, but it has a built-in vacum cleaner and everything..:rolleyes:

abecedarian said:
Good luck with that.. this one is not only plastic, but it has a built-in vacum cleaner and everything..:rolleyes:

Mine has just been flattened by a passing truck; now I'm homeless. I am just about able to type this message on what is left of my pc

chris302116 said:
Mine has just been flattened by a passing truck; now I'm homeless. I am just about able to type this message on what is left of my pc

I'm so sorry! Wait, let me check the garage, I might be able to find you another cardboard box...I hate the thought of you huddling in the cold, rain, and snow without a roof over your head:eek: Don't worry, I'll boot the cats out...

muggle said:

WoooHooo! I'll be sure to pick out a great one .....or two;) .

Your house looks so beautiful. I'm still quite a way from having my own home to play with. I'm currently living with my boyfriend here in Canada, but in the near future we're hoping for a Floridian apartment...that is if immigrations lawyers don't rob him blind.

Niamh said:
Your house looks so beautiful. I'm still quite a way from having my own home to play with. I'm currently living with my boyfriend here in Canada, but in the near future we're hoping for a Floridian apartment...that is if immigrations lawyers don't rob him blind.

Thanks if that were meant for me:)
You're so lucky living in Canada. I've always dreamed about travelling across Canada. Got relatives there I wanna visit. And the nature is beautiful. Were in Saskatoon do you live? I've got relatives in Moose Jaw (and other places in Canada) :)

Baddie said:
Thanks if that were meant for me:)
You're so lucky living in Canada. I've always dreamed about travelling across Canada. Got relatives there I wanna visit. And the nature is beautiful. Were in Saskatoon do you live? I've got relatives in Moose Jaw (and other places in Canada) :)

I'm not very familliar with this city, I'll admit. I came here recently to live with my boyfriend, although I'm an american citizen and lived in Florida most of my life. It is very nice here, but the change in weather is a bit to get used to.

Back