• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How many books do you have?

How many books do you have?

• Less than 100

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • 100 to 500

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • 500 to 1000

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Over 1000

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
I have a lot but not enough! I have no idea how many because I am too damn lazy to count em! :)

500+ for sure...

Best Regards
SillyWabbit

About 50. I have about 30 audiobooks. I either get it in audiobook form or check them out at the library.

I also have over 700 DVDs :D

Well I've got 3 book cases in this house, a wardroom with boxes at my parents still, and also i've invaded their attic with a few boxes... I just don't like throwing them out.
Specially ones from my childhood.... Some were my parents, and I know if I have children I'll be passes them along, and then they can chuckle along with the old wording of happy 'gay' as u do when you a child lol

*sniffle* I only own 12 :(

I feel so deprived!

The books I own are:

- The Malazan Book of the Fallen (first four books in the series)
- Harry Potter (first five in the series)
- Feist's Magician, Silverthorn and A Darkness at Sethanon.

It's definitely more than 500, but I don't know by how much. Considering I've been buying books since my early teens and I've never thrown a book away, it's probably quite a lot more. But I'm too afeared to count them. I do keep meaning to catalogue them, but it's a bit daunting.

The wife and I have one of the bedrooms converted into a 'library' have 8 book cases in there from floor to ceiling and the shelves are doubled up.
At last count we have over 1500 books and bearing in mind we moved in 4 years ago with about 20 each, I guess we qualify as bookworms.

A few years back, I made a register / database of all (or almost all) my book. I have close to 800 titles - or some 900 volumes, and I am forever bying more books.

Bying books is my one weekness (or one of them, anyway). Last summer my sister and brother-in-law helped me decorate my livingroom, and my sister told me, that I could never buy another book - unless I throw one out at the same time. She was sick of stacking and moving all these books. :rolleyes:

She has almost as many books, so who is she to complain?? :(

Recently I had an excellent offer for a new flat, but I had to decline the offer. The flat had all these slooping wall, that you can't put a bookcase to. So what can you do? :cool:

Hobitten

Yea! My brother is giving me a whole bunch of books this weekend! I don't know where I'm going to put them!

Just added a few more to my TBR pile. I redesigned a friend's webpage and she sent me Long Dark Tea-time for the Soul, The Pickwick Papers, and the Complete Sherlock Holmes: All 4 Novels and 56 Short Stories. I've read all the Holmes before, years and years and years ago (I think it was after Data played him on Star Trek), but I've not gotten to read the other two. I love Dickens, so I'm quite excited about Pickwick Papers and Adams is a favorite, as well.

Back