• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How many books have you read?

Just an observation: if one read 50 books a year for 50 years, that would be 2500 books (wouldn't it?). My hat's off to anyone in the thousands!

...and 50 books a year would average out to about 4 books a month...;)

I second that...I thought I read a lot but then when you put it into a mathematical equation and people here have read that many...makes my number look very small. However, when I was little I was a little Matilda and read pretty vigorously up until college when I actually had to read material required for my classes...so I'd say that my book count is approximately between 500-800 books so far.

Just an observation: if one read 50 books a year for 50 years, that would be 2500 books (wouldn't it?). My hat's off to anyone in the thousands!

:lol:

I am counting all those books I read in elementary and jr high. Graphic novels too. :p

I dont really know how many books I have read.... It depends. Sometimes all of the books that I check out at the library get soo boring. I go to the library every Tuesday, and check out 10 - 20 books. I will usually read about 3 or 4 a week, and renue some of the others that arent drop dead boring. Also, when I used to have my sleepovers, we would just read from the minute we got our books, and just read for hours. I would usually stop reading at around 2- 3 in the morning.

There would be no accurate way for me to tell. I used to own most of the books I had read, and that was well over a thousand, counting YA books. But the books and the lists of books I kept perished in a fire. I can remember though the year I was fifteen I kept a notebook to see how many books I could read in a year, and I made it into the nineties reading only adult fiction. Since then it has been between 50 and a hundred a year. I would love to pretend it has soared into the 10,000's, but realistically, I think 2500 is as high as I would estimate. (counting YA, but not storybooks.)

Holy crap...do you ever go outside? Or do you just read about going outside?:lol:

No I read outside, during break and lunch at school and anywhere else you can read. Like polkadots said, my friends and I for fun we go to the library and bookstore then come home and read together for hours upon hours (thats what I did today!) until normally 12-3am or somewhere in that range :D. But now that its summer I can read from when I wake up, through breakfast (and everyother meal exept dinner) till I go to bed! I am a happy person!

No I read outside, during break and lunch at school and anywhere else you can read. Like polkadots said, my friends and I for fun we go to the library and bookstore then come home and read together for hours upon hours (thats what I did today!) until normally 12-3am or somewhere in that range :D. But now that its summer I can read from when I wake up, through breakfast (and everyother meal exept dinner) till I go to bed! I am a happy person!

That's how I read when I was that age too. And I lived on a farm so there was a lot of work to do. All my friends were readers as well...that way we could trade books and have interesting conversations without ever uttering the dreaded summer phrase " I am sooo bored."

We live on a sort of a farm but not really a farm(long story) and there is still a lot of work to be done but I've learned to do it all whilst reading. The next thing I'm going to try is milking a goat while reading (I sense it will be more of a challenge than picking up eggs and feeding all the animals but I'll work it out eventually:D)

We live on a sort of a farm but not really a farm(long story) and there is still a lot of work to be done but I've learned to do it all whilst reading. The next thing I'm going to try is milking a goat while reading (I sense it will be more of a challenge than picking up eggs and feeding all the animals but I'll work it out eventually:D)

IF the silly goat will just hold still while you finish the page:lol:

Does your family have a homestead? Somewhere in the basement I have a battered but treasured copy of Carla Emery's Encyclopedia of Country Living...

:confused:
IF the silly goat will just hold still while you finish the page:lol:

Does your family have a homestead? Somewhere in the basement I have a battered but treasured copy of Carla Emery's Encyclopedia of Country Living...

What exactly is the definition of a homestead?

Not really then we just have a lot of animals of most varieties and we have a large yard eventhough we live near downtown

Back