• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How many genres do you like to read?

Wabbit

I like to read many genres do you like/read and if you had to pick one genre that you would find hard to try what would it be?

I like general fiction, fantasy, SF, horror, poetry, and a little non-fiction sometimes!

I like to be open minded as I can b and so there's not really a genre that I wouldn't read at all BUt if I have to pick one then I will say western. They just do nothing for me at all! :eek:

I tend to read mostly sci-fi, philosophy and history, though I will read anything that seems appealing - never a good idea to restrict yourself.

I read almost everything, tho less of philosophy, horror, and military history than anything else.

Fantasy is my favorite I think.

Most of the books I read are fantasy at the moment, though I also read horror, the occasional thriller, comedy and very occasionally "chick-lit". I never read non-fiction, murder who-dunnits or westerns.

i like to read fiction and non fiction :D

not really, the only thing i try to avoid are romance novels, and while not avoiding westerns i simply dont feel atracted to those, but if i'd get a nice recomendation i would be willing to give it a try.

my favorites are historical fiction and thrillers, (specially if set on the cold war or ww2)
(how would you classified books like "kane & abel" or "captains and the kings"?)
rigth now im in my whodonit stage :cool:

I read just about anything, but not much westerns, or romances anymore. My favs are horror, mysteries, and true life adventures.

Well I read mostly Sci-fi and thrillers right now. If I had to pick one it would be Non-fiction because I read to entertain...very rarely do I find myself reading a book for information and enjoying it. :D

It would be easier to say that I don't read either horror or romance. They just don't interest me. Oh, and true crime (esp. dealing with serial killers). Like I said, just not interested.

I enjoy most fiction. I haven't given romance or the westerns a chance, and I don't think I ever will. :)

I read most genres, but I do avoid horror & true crime...fiction or not, I don't like to be scared. I don't often read romances, but I try not to block any genres out.

My favorite genres are probably sci/fi & fantasy, but this tends to shift at any given moment.

I like reading Sci-Fi and historical fiction. Also like non-fiction popular science books. Pretty yawnsome, I know, but very educational.

Pretty much the gambit for me. Although I don't like "deep" intellectual books. I seldom agree with their take on life, with the exception of "The Art of War". Brilliant work. I like non-fiction, sci-fi/fantasy, mystery, poetry (especially Plath and Robert Service), thrillers, and suspense. I don't really much like drama (life is angsty enough for my taste). I've never read much westerns or romance, but in a strange twist of fate, ended up writing them :eek:. So, I've been doing a bit of research of my competition of late. I find I STILL don't like them... ;)

I tend to read mainly within my favorite genre which is Sci-Fi and Fantasy. However I do enjoy Historical Fiction and non fiction. I have also been known to read 'chick lit' at times :eek:.

I don't enjoy horror, thrillers, romance etc - though if someone was to point me in the direction of an outstanding book in any these genres I would give it a go :)

I read most everything in fiction, but I avoid horror (I get scared way too easily), and I usually don't read romances. There are certain nonfiction areas (like gardening) that I haven't read anything in, but if someone gave me a good gardening book I wouldn't say no.

I read just about anything, general fiction, history, sci-fi, fantasy, comics, historical fiction and non-fiction. When i was younger i read a bunch of westerns, but they dont interest me that much anymore. I dont think i have ever bought a romance novel.

Most of the time i read classics and sci-fi/fantasy, though at times i take long breaks from fantasy if i read a particularly crappy book in the genre.

I like general fiction, true crime, poetry, and suspense novels. I wouldn't avoid them, but I wouldn't enjoy reading westerns or horror books. i haven't read many fantasy books, but i wouldn't mind trying a few out.

I enjoy the following:

contemporary novels
cozy mysteries
crime mystery books (involving contemporary women detectives)
romance/suspense
western romance
current event nonfiction

J.K.

my very favorite genre is post apocalyptic (that's pretty specific), but i also love historical fiction, sci-fi and adventure. i also like classics, i suppose because of the historical elements in them.

i don't like contemporary drama, suspense or romances

Back