• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

How smart are you.

What is a Paka?

• a pygmy African antelope.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • a small African wild cat.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • a nocturnal incectivore mammal.

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lahondas said:
ok to the question of what language is Franglis, its actually spelled Franglais, and its a french mix version.

What is a 'Mercurial Sphygmomanometer'? - its a blood pressure monitor

What language is this...

Wo shi Er shir Ou sui. Ni je sui?this is either chinese or baidu

1) 'it's a french mix version' - generally you need 2 or more 'things' to make a mix...lucky for everyone, I had already explained it first.

2) Ah...but did you know how to pronounce it before you checked with my good friends at http://dictionary.reference.com ?

3)Indeed it is Chinese...Can you answer this question for me:

Ni hway bu hway jiang Jhong-wen?

4) I noticed what you are 'Currently Reading'...you must have a imagination that is easily pleased if you read that all day...

lahondas said:
Currently Reading: what i just wrote right here.

Actually, no, "Franglis" is actually a mix of THREE languages, and is spoken primarily in Gabon, Africa. It's a mix of French, English and Fang, a local language. My nephew was in the Peace Corps there for about four years, and it's a very strange language to hear! :D

Ou Be Low hoo said:
1) 'it's a french mix version' - generally you need 2 or more 'things' to make a mix...lucky for everyone, I had already explained it first.

2) Ah...but did you know how to pronounce it before you checked with my good friends at http://dictionary.reference.com ?

3)Indeed it is Chinese...Can you answer this question for me:

Ni hway bu hway jiang Jhong-wen?

4) I noticed what you are 'Currently Reading'...you must have a imagination that is easily pleased if you read that all day...

for your information ugly....i was being funny. if i wanted to be truthful i would put that i was reading dan brown, (angels and demons), and its the second time ive read it too. such a great thriller with intelligence may i add.
anyways, did you mean ni way bu way jing hong-wen?

Cathy C said:
Actually, no, "Franglis" is actually a mix of THREE languages, and is spoken primarily in Gabon, Africa. It's a mix of French, English and Fang, a local language. My nephew was in the Peace Corps there for about four years, and it's a very strange language to hear! :D

see i said MIX didnt i, i new what i was saying....i googled and did gurunet and ask.com. i know my way around the E. :D

definieren Sie mich dumm ja? mein Freund, bin ich nicht, was andere Sprache Sie gut wissen?

<<<this is for you ou be low hoo.

lahondas said:
hmm, your spacing within the romaji is wrong, its neither chinese or mandarin or japanese, its a mix!

Hmm..actually seeing as everyone's idiolect is unique, I like to express my 'Romanized Chinese' in a way that makes sense to the way I pronounce things. If I write Chinese using the ABC I mix Pinyin, Wade-Gilles and my own interpretation together.

As for this:
lahondas said:
for your information ugly....i was being funny.

Do you mean funny - ha ha, or funny - odd? Strangely though, neither fits...

Wait a second!...I have just noticed you think Dan Brown writes intelligent thrillers...Now, I understand.

well, if were friends, why are you being negative towards me. i like to think we are freinds tho, i am with everyone here, but dont insult me. dont tell me how my personal taste in books are dumb, and do not give me a feeling that you are superipor to me, cause this forums about books and ideas, writing and other items, that we all enjoy by sharing our words with each other.
thankyou. now be nice.

this forum i made wasnt about how smarter you are, but how much people know about the little insignificant things in the world, like the paka, fungus or certain fogs that cover the indes mountains. things like this, not whos smarter than who....

lahondas said:
well, if were friends, why are you being negative towards me. i like to think we are freinds tho, i am with everyone here, but dont insult me. dont tell me how my personal taste in books are dumb, and do not give me a feeling that you are superipor to me

^ Oh, what a mess!...I answered your question ('Am I stupid?') with the reply...'Yes, you are (stupid), my friend'. Unfortunately, I was being a little over-exuberant with the use of the word 'friend'. Please forgive me.

lahondas said:
this forum i made wasnt about how smarter you are, but how much people know about the little insignificant things in the world, like the paka, fungus or certain fogs that cover the indes mountains. things like this, not whos smarter than who....

I love this ^ post...It's totally bizarre and makes very little sense. Keep up the good work...It's all very amusing.

Well, as Brontosaurus means 'Thunder Lizard', I'm guessing Brontophobia is a fear of thunder? Thats the only one i know! eeek!

Back