• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hungarian Literature -late 19th, early 20th century

DLPughe

I am very interested in others who may be reading works by Miklos Banffy, Aron Tamasi, Gyula Krudy, Endre Ady, and others from the turn of the last century.

i just discoverd Miklos Banffy and love it,the first of the trilogy"they where counted"i shall check the 2 other autor you named.I am very happy to find that someone has similar interrest.
I am wrong to presume that Sandor Marai could apply to the list"Ember"was a pure marvel.
unfortunatly living in a remote place,it's not going to be easy to get those books

Krudy's Sunflowers

I have just purchased Krudy's Sunflowers, but haven't yet read it. If you do get it, let me know and we can compare thoughts. His book The Crimson Coach is one of my favorites and painted such an interesting portrait of turn of the century Budapest. John Lukac's wonderful history Budapest 1900 is a great guide as well.
All the best to you!

It won't, at least, be until next month as I'm in the process of buying up (and reading) the longlisted titles for the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize 2008.

I do plan on reading some Hungarian lit later this year, (Marai, Szabo, Koestler, Szerb, Kertesz) but not yet.

Back