• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hurricane Rita

Hi everyone, thanks for all the good thoughts, prayers and wishes. We made it though the storm in decent shape. We lost electricity (no surprise), but for us, since we have a well, that means no water, either. We are about 15 miles from the coast, but the storm surge and high tide came togethr so that there is water in my front yard. We have many friends and family who were flooded out of their homes. Thank goodness our house is as high as it is. The kids and I are staying with my sister, they have electricity and water. Keep your fingers crossed that hubby has a job to go back to. So, gotta make it quick. Talk to all of you later.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and kind words. Just a quick update: I've lost my house to flooding. I live like 3 miles from the gulf, well I used to. For the storm, I stayed at my sister's house, I'm now back in Abbeville which got hit but not as hard as where I live in Esther. Since the storm I've been able to return to my home for just a few minutes. It's absolutely devistating. I'm awaiting the insurance company who by the way said it would be a few weeks possibly months before an adjuster could even come in to survey the damage. My home I'm almost sure will be totalled. I recieved what I think juding by the line on the wall about 2 1/2 feet inside my home. Everything is covered with mud.

Today I write from a friend's house. I'm staying here for a while and working at the same time because I need the money. FEMA stated they were low on funds, so we'll see what will happen with that.

Sorry for being so short. THanks again for the prayers and support. I don't really know when I"ll be able to make it back online to say hello so best wishes all and thanks again!

Justin

Thank you for letting us know you're alive and well! I'm so sorry about your home and possessions. I will continue praying for you and all the others affected by these two storms..from the newly homeless to the insurance adjustors working overtime...I can't imagine the stress everyone must be feeling.

Back