• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I love the Dresden Files series!!

kdiggity

I love Jim Butchers Dresden series. can anyone suggest another author with a similar style? Thanks a bunch!

Try Laurell K. Hamilton and Kim Harrison. Both their main characters are magically gifted, help solve crimes, and live in worlds populated by various monsters. I should warn you that Hamilton's books become more erotic and focus more on interpersonal relationships. So if that annoys you . . .

I should warn you that Hamilton's books become more erotic and focus more on interpersonal relationships. So if that annoys you . . .
Thanks Anamnesis, I had heard that about Hamilton's vampire series. Thats why I have been avoiding it. Its kind of annoying when I do a search for vampire related books on amazon or B&N, the results are always 99% Hamilton's erotic series.

You can also try Simon Green's Nightside series, or Rachel Caine's Weather Warden series. Both are urban fantasy like Butcher's, with the same wry, sardonic main characters.

The Blake books only go to hell around book 8 when she turns into super whore. Before that they are good stupid entertainment. Her latest one #16? actually had a plot which is a first in a while.

The guy at my local Barnes and Noble keeps trying to get me to read the Anita Blake and Merry Gentry series. I just can't bring myself to spend my money on it knowing how it eventually ends up. I'm all for a good sex romp in a book, but if the plot is loosely drawn together so the author can write out her fantasies, I can't buy it.

Back