• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I *miss* Calvin and Hobbes

I love Calvin and Hobbes. They are showing it again in my areas comic section in the newspaper. I live in Dallas.

I was just looking at this, I realized that I never did understand what you guys were talking about on about Calvin peeing. I've never seen those, not till this day.

I was just looking at this, I realized that I never did understand what you guys were talking about on about Calvin peeing. I've never seen those, not till this day.

Ugly, wasn't it? Around here you see stickers of Calvin peeing on the Ford or Chevy logo. Dumb. Just dumb.

I know we're not supposed to make snap judgements of strangers, but when I see those stupid decals in vehicle windows, I sometimes feels just like I do when I find a new acquaintance only reads what he/she has to for work. And don't get me started on other, even more offensive redneck decals and bumper stickers.

Doesn't Calvin's dad drive some sort of Japanese hatchback, anyway?

amarcel_oehler.marcellosendos.ch_comics_ch_1994_02_19940221.gif

One of my favorites. I was thinking about this yesterday when a friend posted on facebook about her young sons who were supposed to be shoveling the driveway. She looked out the window and they were creating a path around the perimeter of their yard instead. I know these boys, they weren't meaning to disobey...they just had a better idea:lol:

Hey guys,

I miss Calvin & Hobbes too. For a long time it was my #1 comic book, right after my Garfield-phase. But I've found a good substitute for it, called Lloyd and the Bear by Ian Gibson. It's about a small boy and his bear who get kidnapped by space aliens. The kid is not too smart (just a kid), but the bear is really smart and packs a real punch!

Gibson is up to the 5th installment now, but you should really start from the beginning. It's free, btw.

Lloyd and the Bear - Issue 1

Happy reading!

Marcel

Back