• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I *miss* Calvin and Hobbes

direstraits

Sigh...

"Hobbes: That sounds like a lot of work.
Calvin: It's not work if nobody asks you to do it."

I terribly miss Bill Watterson.

ds

Thanks for the link Wabbit! I've read quite a few C&H collections, and many of them countless times. Today, chances are I'll read a strip that I've read before. I wouldn't mind seeing new strips from Watterson.

I love it the way he puts his thoughts in the strip, how a 6 year old would talk about marketing concepts such as "divide and conquer" really made me laugh. And his art is beautiful to boot - this is one cartoonist who can really draw.

More of the same please... :)

ds

Yeah, I agree with you. His comic is funny and yet it can be very thought provoking at the same time too. The art is just wonderful. He was a man with a lot of integrity. I admire him a lot for that. He never sold out! He could have made a fortune by selling branded cups and so forth but he never did. And when he had nothing more to say he just stopped doing it because he wanted to write for love and have something to say rather than just keep writing them as a "job" to make money. Great guy! :)

I miss Calvin and Hobbes, AND The Far Side. But I'm making it through with Get Fuzzy, which is just hilarious.
getfuzzy2610230041206.gif

more available here

I miss Calvin too! I have every collection they made. Get Fuzzy is super, as well. One of my hubby's "stocking stuffers" today was a Get Fuzzy 2005 calendar! That and a comedy CD made him very happy! :D

I just learnt that there is a complete collection of C&H coming out next year in a 3-volume hardcover set.

Hehe... i'm checking out Get Fuzzy, and you're right, Ash, it's pretty darn funny! :D

ds

Calvin and Hobbes was really great, I miss it too :(
As of now I only have "Calvin & Hobbes" and "Yukon Ho!", but my friend lets me read hers, and she has every collection!
Get Fuzzy is hilarious. If Calvin and Hobbes had to go, Get Fuzzy is a nice substitute ^_^

Augh! I miss Calvin and Hobbes too. It was my favorite. I would go to the library like every week and check out the same comic books I had checked out only a couple weeks before, and read them all over again. :D

I miss them too! It was a sad day when they signed off.

soxfan
off to sign up for the daily e-mail

Sigh! There's nothing like C & H out there ...

C: I like to verb words.
H: What?
C: I take nouns and adjectives and use them as verbs. Remember when "access" was a thing? Now, it's something you do. It got verbed.
C: Verbing weirds language.
H: Maybe we can eventually make language a complete impediment to understanding.

Every time I see a decal of the likeness of Calvin peeing, I want to throw a rock at the vehicle displying it ... :mad:

Oberon said:
Every time I see a decal of the likeness of Calvin peeing, I want to throw a rock at the vehicle displying it ... :mad:

I with you there.

Three of my favs gone except in calendars and table books: Calvin and Hobbes, Non Sequitur (except Sundays someplaces) and Far Side. *sigh

I loved the fact that Calvin's Dad was a roadie (as opposed to a treadhead). One of my favorites shows Calvin laughing at him on the way out, the subsequent horrendous wreck, and Calvin laughing at him on the way in. Don't know why. Its a good 'un.

They used to bring a Calvin & Hobbes strip in one of the free newspapers they hand out in the bus so I read it every morning on my way to Uni.. unfortunatly the have replaced it with Donald duck..

My favorite Calvin & Hobbes, I couldn't find it on the internet so you just have to imagine it from my description(hope its enough):
Calvin is in the living room hammering nails into the coffee table. His mother comes in sees what he is doing and cries "What do you think you are doing?". Calvin looks up at his mother and asks "Is that supposed to be a rhetorical question?"

Just subscribed to Calvin & Hobbes, but it seems that you have to start paying after 10 days :(

HUH? Really? I didn't. Are you sure you got the right subscription pack? I know there are two. There is a free one where you just are allowed one strip and there is another one which is the premium. I guess you DID subscribe to the right one but it might be worth checking it to be sure :) If they changed it then... bastards!

Calvin an Hobbes? <sigh>

You bet I miss Calvin and Hobbes. Its been my favourite comic strip since ages. I end up reading the same comic strip again and again. I wish there was a
'refresh' button :eek:

Back