• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I think I have an "ism."

mmyap

I'm pretty sure I have a disorder of some sort. I haven't been able to read for about two months. I will not be able to read for about another two to three months. All my books are packed away for safe keeping while our new puppy does the tasmanian devil/puppy chewing thing. Yet, I still end up at Amazon with an order of three books (Pillars of the Earth, World Without End, and Time and Again.)

Now I've stopped myself two or three times over the past few days from ordering but today I broke down. I hit the notorious "proceed to checkout."

I'm a forty year old woman with perfectly good self control in the other areas of my life but I couldn't stop myself. I'll just have to put them away as soon as they get here. I think I just wanted to know they would be there when I'm ready. It's like I am the stupid sailor and the books are Lorelei.

Please tell me I'm not alone. I tend to think I'm not.;)

You are not alone. I know you are not. :D
:flowers:

PS And only three!? That's a very mild "ism." :lol:

I'm a forty year old woman with perfectly good self control in the other areas of my life but I couldn't stop myself. I'll just have to put them away as soon as they get here. I think I just wanted to know they would be there when I'm ready. It's like I am the stupid sailor and the books are Lorelei.

Please tell me I'm not alone. I tend to think I'm not.;)

You. Are. Not. Alone!! Take heart!

You are just a good planner. Think of it as preparing for the possible extinction of bookstores, or of actual printed books. It could happen. Dystopian as it may sound, it could happen. Then we could lose all electric power, and where would readers be? Lost, that's where. At least this way, prepared, we'd be able to read in the daytime, or by firelight.

I like to think of it that way in any case. ;)

Indeed!
Ya gotta buy'em when ya see'em, ta have'em when ya need'em.

Power to bulk book buyers! :devil:

You should see my book stack. There's the "I can't wait to read" stack that stands 10 inches high, and there's the "I'd DEFINITELY read these this year" stack which is around the same height. And then there's the "These definitely will be read when I get through the other two stacks" which is like 2 feet high (if you're going to put them all in one stack, at least... right now they're in 3 separate stacks) and the "These definitely looked good while I was browsing Amazon" which, thankfully is not that high.

hi, i think i know how you're felling, but in a different way:
per week i usually read one book, and buy at least three...

i'm good with maths and know that something is wrong with my equation, but i just can't help it :whistling:

I see nothing wrong with stockpiling books for a rainy day.

We here at BAR are your enablers.

Back