• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I think I need to get an avatar!

Halo

I've just realised that I must be the only person here who does not yet have an avatar! How embarrassing. The trouble is, I'm so indecisive that I just can't decide ... Maybe this downtime will give me time to choose one, or maybe one of you has a good (clean!) idea? :)
And no I do not want a pic of a big, emotional moose, Martin! :D

Yes you do!! Go get one immediately! :)

An easy way is to choose your favorite animal or cartoon character and look for an avatar of them, as such things are usually easily available.

Phil

Choose something you like something that reflects your personality.(Oops forget what i just said my avatar is a monkey in a nappy what does that say about me?For any of you wise guys that's a retorical question)

Chewie - deviantart!! Excellent! I'd been there a couple of times before, great smilies they got there, and good avatars as well!

Cheers, Martin

Their wallpaper is cool, too. I'd been there many times looking for wallpaper before I realized they had avatars and such.

VTChEwbecca said:
You could try looking here or here or here. And if you're really indecisive, you can pick a few and put it to a vote, like Martin did a few days back.

Thanks for these links! I'd never used Avatars until I came here, so I never even thought to look for them. lol These links will be helpful when I decide to let my tiger have a rest.

Thanks for the links, Chewbecca! :) I'll have a good browse this weekend and see if I can narrow it down to a few dozen! :D

You guys are welcome for the links. I'd never used an avatar before arriving here, either. The first one (the black cat) was a pixelated image I had made from a photograph, and I'd been using it on my webpage. Since everyone tells me I'm half cat, anyway, I figured it was appropriate.

Good luck narrowing down the selection, Halo!

phil_t said:
Yes you do!! Go get one immediately! :)

An easy way is to choose your favorite animal or cartoon character and look for an avatar of them, as such things are usually easily available.

Phil

Your avatar rocks! Sam and Max is quite possibly the funniest game in existence, though Monkey Island's up there too. Of course, Grim Fandango just pips them both in terms of overall atmosphere and quality, but Max...Max is the most suited to an avatar.

As for DeviantArt, it's a good place for budding artists, authors or poets of all varieties to host work and receive critiques and other comments to help. There's some incredibly good work to be found, if you search hard enough. I could pimp my own account, but I won't. That would be vulgar.

Litany said:
Is that because it's full of dirty pictures?

No, not really, though the main reason for that is probably because I'm not good enough with a camera. That, and I lack a model. ;)

Well, Halo, I can say with certainty that you are not the only one here without an avatar. As you can see, I haven't got one either, though, like you, I've been thinking about taking the plunge.
Actually, I'd sort of like to make my own. Does anyone here know what sort of limitations there are in terms of file size and type? Is all this info on the site here somewhere?
Thanks in advance if you know.

funes, the maximum avatar size here is 64 x 64 pixels or 19.5 kb.

You'll see this info when you go to your User CP, then click on Edit Avatar. It's set so it won't allow anything bigger - so it's best to edit whatever you choose to the correct size before you try uploading it to the forum.

Ell :)

Back