• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I wonder how many students...

Im a student...

Im 15 year old freshman in highschool and only have been on this web site once to see if i could find out what social commentery was, becuase i over heard a teacher waying to a co-student of mine that she enjoyed social commentary, and was curious to what that is. So i came to the book forum. I go to a private college prep high school so the majority of the students are hardworking and really care about there future so i do not kno of anyone who would do this but...it id a good idea! I have never had to use the internet to write papers on books becuase i actually read the book, and i dont plan on it.

****I apoligize for the horable spelling, grammer, typo mistakes, and internet lingo. I am so BAD at spelling and grammer, which isn't so grand especially for me,who wants to be a writer.

-Alison:)

a1is0n123456789 said:
Im 15 year old freshman in highschool and only have been on this web site once to see if i could find out what social commentery was, becuase i over heard a teacher waying to a co-student of mine that she enjoyed social commentary, and was curious to what that is. So i came to the book forum. I go to a private college prep high school so the majority of the students are hardworking and really care about there future so i do not kno of anyone who would do this but...it id a good idea! I have never had to use the internet to write papers on books becuase i actually read the book, and i dont plan on it.

****I apoligize for the horable spelling, grammer, typo mistakes, and internet lingo. I am so BAD at spelling and grammer, which isn't so grand especially for me,who wants to be a writer.

-Alison:)

Glad to have you here Alison. There are actually quite a few members your age who are members. Don't worry about the grammar, heck, I'm a teacher and I'm lucky to spell things right myself if the coffee isn't available.:eek:

SFG75 said:
Glad to have you here Alison. There are actually quite a few members your age who are members. Don't worry about the grammar, heck, I'm a teacher and I'm lucky to spell things right myself if the coffee isn't available.:eek:

Notice he managed to spell COFFEE correctly;)

Welcome from me too! This group has loads of ideas for your edification and enlightenment. Feel free to browse the archives and see what you can use.

I got an email from a person about The Jungle too! It looked like some ridiculous essay prompt. =/ The person hasn't come back, and only has one post, so I don't feel bad about posting it here:

What are your thoughts of the Immigrant Experience during the First World War, write alot, this really interests me. Send me documents and extras if you know. What difficulties did immigrants face. How did their social and economical lives change? Do you think they found the land they wanted? How do u think their experiences differ from those who already live here. These all really interest me... Write me back a.s.ap.

:rolleyes: I was amused. Don't remember if I responded or not.

I'm also in high school, but I'm one of those nerds that know how to use the library and search for literary critisism, and start my papers on the day they are assigned. :p A dying breed.

I have come to search the forum when I am reading a book, though, both one for school and for myself. It's interesting to see the different perspectives people have on books at different ages.. like in the Catcher in the Rye thread. It takes me out of the way I'm used to looking at a book for school, and I usually enjoy it more when I read these discussions and arguments.

While I don't post often, I do lurk. And the things that I've learned through this site about reading and how I read and the components of books, both specific works and generally speaking, has definitely changed/shaped the way I read, suggested different things for me to think about while reading. And so I guess I'm getting an education out of it too. But it's not really the same thing. :p

Love4-OMG!!, that was exactly the same message I got!.:eek: :eek: :mad: Yeah, he hasn't been on the board in ages-obviously here to just get help on an assignment that in all reality, he probably flunked.

Glad to have you here-feel free to chime in when you feel the urge.:cool: :)

Back