• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'm back!

Jenna

Found my way back! First, I was in deadline hell, then in editing purgatory, then I forgot my password...sheesh. But I finally found my way back. I find my time limited to be on any forum these days. Editing is good. *G* Anyway, I thought I would pop in now and again to recommend some books that I've edited. They are either just released, or soon to be released. Most are in electronic format, some are in trade paperback. All are small press. Without further ado (whatever that is), here we go:

I, Spiritkin by Frances Evlin - Great fantasy read. Gage can read Auras and has to protect the two young lords left in his care. Meanwhile, he has to find his parents murderers, teach a bunch of pacifists how to fight, and become a military leader in his own right. A lot for a kid who believes in peace, not war. Available from Writers Exchange Epublishing

Roadworks by Gerard Readett - Another great read. This one is a futuristic espionage/thriller. Very intense and complicated. Set in Brussells, it deals with a terrorist plot to capture a powerful laser weapon. Very well written. Available from Writers Exchange as well.

Beneath the Morvan Moon by Courtney Mroch - A werewolf story that takes place in France. Tiny bit of romance, but the main gist of the story is in the uncovering of the werewolf legend in a small town in France. Not a short book, but a quick read in that you won't want to stop reading. And the ending caught me completely by surprise. It was one of those endings you read more than once because you can't believe it could end that way. Satisfying, yet startling.

Unravelings Anthology - Various authors. All pararnormal stories. I've read at least nine of them so far. Think Rod Serling, Hitchcock, etc. Available from Mundania Press http://www.mundania.com

Flights of Mind Anthology - Various authors. I haven't read most of this one, but it's got a slew of great authors from small press. Also from Mundania Press.

Bound in Shadows by Jennifer St.Claire - the third in a YA vampire set. Fast paced, exciting, with wonderful characters. If you've got a kiddo around, or you just like YA yourself, be sure to check out this series. I loved it! Available from Writers Exchange.

Hopefully, you'll find something there to love. I'm back to my edits of romance, which I won't post here. *G*

Jenna

Howdy, stranger!

Beneath the Morvan Moon sound interesting. And hey, I'll take romance recommends even if the rest of these guys won't. :D

Romance thingies

Well, Ashlea, there is one that was pretty good. I wish the author had let me have a freer rein with the editing, but...anyway, it's an adventure, historical and romance all in one. It's about the depression in Australia during the 1930's. It's called Mary Anne by Daphne Taylor. It's interesting if you want to know how the depression affected people in other parts of the world. The heroine in this story was sold into marriage for the price of a bottle of rum. The story is about her life and how she came to accept her position, and finally love the man she married. It's quite touching at times. Poignant, I guess is the word. You can read an excerpt here:

http://www.writers-exchange.com/epublishing/excerpts/daphne-excerpts1.htm

If I run across anymore that I liked, I'll let you know.

Jenna

I'm not Raven

Ah, he went away? That's sad :( I liked his posts. But it's summertime in this half of the hemisphere. People often disappear on forums and lists and then reappear when the weather gets bad again. He'll probably be back. Must be out BBQing. ;)

Welcome home Jenna. I've missed your postings as well.
I still wish your works were in hardback though. :(

Litany said:
Maybe Jenna and RaVeN are the same person! :eek:

Put a cork in it ya sticky wench, if you can find one that'll fit that black hole of yours. :p

RaVeN

Litany said:
I know you love me really.

You're like my cat. No matter how many times I transfer it from the freezer to the microwave, it always wants to cuddle up to me in bed...and then shove a spork up my ass when I'm asleep.

How could a fella not like that?

RaVeN
(some welcome home, huh Jenna?)

Uh, yeah, nice welcome. :eek: Now, did ANYONE actually check out all of those books I mentioned????

Back