• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'm totally new and shiny.

at0k

Hi, I go by at0k, and I just joined... and posted like a crazy person. n_n! Anyway, I'm a single mom, and avid, omnivorous reader, and a wannabe writer (novels, screenplays...). My son's a big reader too. I'm bad at introducing myself. So hi!

Welcome at0k.

Read your writing thread. Great stuff. :cool:

Thank you so much; I read your comment about; it was a great thing to wake up to! :blush:

Welcome to BAR.

Which authors and genres do you like to read?

I'm pretty omnivorous (I'll read just about anything anyone hands me), like I said, but if I had to name a couple of favorite authors... *ponders* George R. R. Martin is king in my eyes, old Stephen King (I can't read his newer stuff, it makes me rage), Caitlin R. Kiernan, Garth Nix, Poppy Z. Brite pre-cooking phase...

I do lean towards darker, more horror/thriller sort of stuff, and I've made a habit of acquiring every short story collection about zombies I stumble across... plus, I'm constantly on the hunt for good werewolf stories, and I've passed that love down onto my son. But as I said, I'll read anything anyone hands me; I just finished a book called 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl that was really good, and my sister has me read stuff like Jodi Picoult and that sort of stuff... she says to 'keep me here on earth', because most of what I choose to read on my own tends to be on the fantastical side. My brother has me always reading stuff about the spiritual side of hallucinogens and that sort of thing... he's a Terrence McKenna fanboy, and he's got me interested in the whole thing. I like well written noir, and I'm really into cyberpunk stuff and steampunk like crazy... and if the description I read about it involves the phrase 'dystopian future', I'm reading it, no matter what else it says...

See? I talk a lot once I get going.

Back