• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

In love!

Catalyst

Im in love with a man that lives in England, im in Scotland! Why does it have to be like this!??!!?

It's better to have loved and .. ah bollocks. Get in your car and drive over there, life's too short for shit like this.

Cheers

What's so bad about him living a few hundred miles away? I mean, the UK is a tiny island. Even if he is at the other end of the country you can still drive there or get the train there in a day.

It could be far worse. In the age of the internet many fall in love with people on the other side of the world and have to deal with not seeing them except a few times a year and then there is that troublesome immigration.

Just count you blessings! I'm happy for you, good luck! Go get him :)

Yep, Wabbit is right. I was in love with a guy from England for 3 years, and I live in the States. He flew over to see me twice. It didn't last, but that's probably only because neither one of us wanted to leave our home. It worked out for the best, though, because then I met my sweet hubby who had always lived 20 miles down the road from me. :)

Hang in there, Catalyst! If it is meant to be, it will be!

for me personally long distance was soooo hard. if nothing is tying you to where you are, ie: fabulous job or mortgage or in school, then why not try going there to stay for a while or vice versa. you'll never know what could happen until you try.
i'm editting as i see you are a full time student. well summer is around the bend and i have no clue how working across borders works in the UK, but if the possibility is there for you to work there for the summer or for him to work where you are then go for it.

...playing devils advocate again (I really do love it...)

Maybe you should ask the question? Does he love you?

And at 20 years old, how do you know what love really is?

And at 20 years old, how do you know what love really is?
That's the most ludicrous question I've seen all day - why shouldn't she?!

You, with your 41 years, define love. Now.

Cheers

i think that's pretty ridiculous too. i think it is condescending of anyone to say that due to age one can't be in love, or know what love is. yes maturity plays a factor in maintaining a relationship, but that isn't necessarily an age factor either. we all struggle with "romantic" love at all ages, no one is good at it. we all confuse lust with love at sometime.

what....nobodies got a sence of humor today????

I said I was playing...PLAYING...devils advocate didn't I....

I guess if I'd put some of these :D :D :D in there it would make a difference?

Motokid said:
I guess if I'd put some of these :D :D :D in there it would make a difference?

Yes. That's exactly it. You have to add lots of colourful smiley things to everything and never mention politics. Did nobody mention this to you before? What on earth do they tell you in the induction meeting these days?

Motokid said:
what....nobodies got a sence of humor today????
I'm only 22 so I don't really know what a sense of humor is. I'll let you know in about 20 years, when the wonders of the world reveals themselves to me. :)

That's right you rediculous boob of a wipersnapper....show some respect...

...now could somebody please remind me where I put my geritol? And if you don't mind helping me to my feet...I think the prunes and metamucil have worked through my system and I need to get to the throne for my morning constitutional....where's my damn teeth and my tri-foculs????...and what day is it today by the way????

who are you people...???? where am I ???? is it cold in here????

what...what did you say...speak up.....

Long distance can work, I've known my hubby for 14 years and been married to him for almost 9 years. He is in the army and so at least 6 mos of the year he is gone or like currently he is deployed for a full year overseas. We email everyday that we can, send each other letters, poems, books, pictures, gifts and when we are really lucky we may even get to talk on the phone.

The good thing about this arrangement is I think we are a bit closer emotionally because we never take our time together for granted. We have a lot to share with each other when we do talk because we always have so much going on to tell the other about. But I think for a relationship like this to work you have to be independent, trusting and willing to put in the extra effort. Good Luck!

Saying that you're playing the Devil's advocate does not automatically mean that you do not mean what you are saying - apologies.

Cheers

Back