• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

inanity.

eclair

For a book forum this place is surprisingly lacking in conversation. Don't make me talk to myself, they'll cart me away again and I only just got released.

John Milton used 8,000 different words in his poem, Paradise Lost. Frank Baum named "Oz" after a file cabinet in his office. One cabinet was labelled A to N, and the second was labelled O to Z. Cinderella's slippers were originally made out of fur, the story was changed in the 1600s by a translator.

It's hard not to. I wondered if there had been some sort of cleansing fire which burned away words and thoughts.
Now that you have stepped into this thread Peder, I'll not let you leave so easily!

For shame, eclair, for shame. Referencing a tired old advert from the last century. What next, discourse on Dappy and his choice of headgear?

Then why is there no photo of Lance Armstrong in a casquette? I tells ya he doesn't wear them. Because he knows, knows they turn a presentable person into a pillock.

Nothing. Stick to the Cloche, nothing suits you better. If you're going to have a conversation with yourself you may as well do it in the comfort of your head.

The cloche was last year, new year requires new hat. I was hoping a second party would jump in but I seem to be stuck with you.

Go for the Gatsby. Would you go up to the bum who talks to himself in the street, and strike up a conversation?

I couldn't wear a Gatsby without having read Gatsby. I'm not a bum. I'm not on the street. I'm not talking to myself. I'm writing to myself.

Fitzgerald was a drunk in a bad marriage, shouldn't I read something fresh and light next. All writing is jerking off.

Back