• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Interview with the Vampire

Deerskin said:
I saw this film years ago and loved it - I don't know how many times I watched it and fell in love with Louis! After reading the books (and deciding that Lestat was the one for me :D!) I became picky about the changes made in the film and enjoyed it less, though it's still one of my favourites (isn't it awful how reading the book can spoil a perfectly good film?! :D).

Anyone else seen it? Or Queen of the Damned (which I've heard is terrible, but haven't yet seen)?
I think my sister has the book and the film.

Artemis said:
And Queen of the Damned... Okay, I haven't read the story yet, so don't kill me, but I truly enjoyed it. NOT as an adaptation of the Vampire Chronicles, but as a movie. Except Aaliyah as Akasha. That was terrible. The music was awesome, and the plot interesting, though I am aware that most Anne Rice fans were infuriated at it's creation.

Don't worry, I won't kill you, but the director screwed up not just one book, but two. They screwed up how Lestat was made and forgot EVERYTHING about the red headed twins. It was terribly done. I don't know how Anne Rice could've allowed this tragedy to occur... :( .

Alright, just a little dramatic, I admit.

First one good. Second one awful. Let's hope they don't make a film of Memnoch the Devil - my favourite of the series.

You like Anne Rice??? Now you have surprised me :) I just didn't think you would be into that stuff.

I keep meaning to check out those Vamp books by her. I'm sure I will at some future time!

SillyWabbit said:
You like I keep meaning to check out those Vamp books by her. I'm sure I will at some future time!

you should, they are pretty good, feel free to avoid the new tales of vampires, and while you are at it, check the witches ones, they are pretty good also

You mean her newest vamp books are not too good? :)

And thanks for the suggestion about her witches book, I will check into it :)

SillyWabbit said:
You like Anne Rice??? Now you have surprised me :) I just didn't think you would be into that stuff.

I've been reading it for years although I haven't read the last three or four Chronicles. I own them though.

SillyWabbit said:
You mean her newest vamp books are not too good? :)

not exactly, there are two lines, the vampire chronicles, and the new tales of vampires, this ones are based in lets say lest popular characters of the chronicles or even unknow ones, maybe its because of that they dont seem so apealling, but i have read all of them and there is a couple i cant remember the slightest thing about.
on the other side the last vampire chronicles ones were pretty good, and she its putting together the vampires with the witches, which its something fans have been waiting for. havent read the last one, (still waiting for the paperback edition :mad: )

mr_michel said:
not exactly, there are two lines, the vampire chronicles, and the new tales of vampires, this ones are based in lets say lest popular characters of the chronicles or even unknow ones, maybe its because of that they dont seem so apealling, but i have read all of them and there is a couple i cant remember the slightest thing about.
on the other side the last vampire chronicles ones were pretty good, and she its putting together the vampires with the witches, which its something fans have been waiting for. havent read the last one, (still waiting for the paperback edition :mad: )

OK, thank you :)

So, I should read the chronicles? Are they the ones that start with "interview with a vampire"?

yeah

1.- interview with the vampire
2.- lestat the vampire
3.- queen of the damned
4.- the tale of the body thieft
5.- memnoch the devil
6.- the vampire armand
7.- blood and gold
8.- merrick
9.- blackwood farm (witches/vampire chronicles)
10.- blood canticle (witches/vampire chronicles)

and the witches ones are:
1.- the witching hour
2.- lasher
3.- taltos
4.- blackwood farm (its more vampire than witches chronicles)
5.- blood canticle (havent read yet, still waiting for the paperback editon :mad: )

mr michel has missed two of the vampire novels: Pandora and Vittorio the Vampire - the latter bears no relation to the series but should, by no means, be excluded.

Abulafia said:
mr michel has missed two of the vampire novels: Pandora and Vittorio the Vampire - the latter bears no relation to the series but should, by no means, be excluded.

well actually those are the ones i was referring as the "new tales of vampires" i was mentioning the "vampire chronicles" and the "lifes of the mayfair witches" ;)

Back