• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Intro

UglyFury

I'm new to the forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I look forward to discussing books and getting recommendations. I live by the Cape Cod Canal in MA. I'm married and have two kids. Most of my life I enjoyed reading, though did not really begin to read novels until college. The first book that really got me interested was Brother's Karamazov. I majored in psych when I was in college, really got into Dosteovsky, but also read most existential literarture, philosophy and psychology books. Over the years my reading interests have expanded. A few years ago, I went through a big kick of reading Milan Kundera, and will always cite him as a favorite, but most recently I've been entertained by TC Boyle. Currently I'm reading Snow by O.P., which is a book that overall I don't really care for. Another fave of mine was the Road, and within the last year I read White Tiger, which I also really enjoyed. Also, I'm a fan of Herman Hesse, for what its worth. Other that literature, I enjoy reading about the outdoors, outdoor adventure and nature. I am an avid surfer, enjoy hiking and other outdoor activities. I also enjoy reading about politics, current events and social issues. Another good book I recently read was The Next 100 Years by George Friedman.

Anyways, I look forward to posting in the future.

Welcome to the forum. You live in one of my favorite places. I lived on Otis AFB for a few years when I was young. I have wonderful memories of that part of the world.

Enjoy.

You live in one of my favorite places too, I got married in Maui in 2007 and was lucky enough to spend ten days there. We stayed in Kanapali then in Hana. My wife has visited several times, and lived there for a year.

Excellent taste in reading, we have a few Dosto threads, not to mention a few about The Road. Welcome aboard!:flowers:

Back