• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Is there any film director dare to..?

Crystal

kickbox
I am wondering whether there has been or will be some film director dare to take the challenge to produce us a film one hundred years of solitude by author, García Márquez, Gabriel.

OR I am ignorant to know that it has been adapated to the film? :confused:

Crystal, Marquez is my fav writer and his book 100 years is beyond wonderful!!! I don't, personally, believe it would be at all possible to convert it into a movie! I love that book so much!

In case you missed it from before, here is web site about Marquez Macondo

Great guy!!!

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
I don't, personally, believe it would be at all possible to convert it into a movie!

Regards
SillyWabbit

:rolleyes: yeah, I have doubt as well, coz, it is really awesome. but, I still fancy that there could be a film version of it. Some of the senario in the book, I can imagine (how it is like). Yet, i guess a visual product would be very very very impressive, like what has been presented in the LOTR, or in Gladiator. Just think those 17 sons who had the grey scars on their foreades; the flooding of blood; the transperant girl with yellow butterflies;.... and the grand-grand-grand-father who was binded to the tree. Won't that be fantastic??

YES! I love that book, would like to read it again.

cheers, :)
Watercrystal

Yeah, the images would be great and I think you could transpose those to film without any difficulty. Image is always easy, but could you transpose the story? 100 years of live condensed into a movie? I just don't see how you could do that! Even if you made 3 movies like lord of the rings you would still not get everything and you would miss the thoughts and feelings of the characters. Personally, I don't think it could be good... but who knows? :) Maybe some brave director will surprise us all!!!

I will read it again and again for many years, that's for sure :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

I have read that book and loved it :) I have not seen the movie but I hear it's very good. Well, you never know. I'm not saying it's impossible! It's just I think it would be so very difficult for SUCH a book.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Hated the English Patient. It seemed to drag on forever. And by the end it was just stupid.
He finally escapes and jumps off the train, and of course, he sprains his bloody ankle. I burst out laughing in the cinema, because by that point it was getting ludicrous. The only thing they missed out on was that it should have started raining and when he got back to the cave his mother-in-law should have popped in for a visit.

I appreciate that in every life a little rain must fall, but he must have been a bloody rain god.

The movie ending is completly different to the book :) I talked about this with a friend, some time ago, while I was reading the book. She had seen the movie so we talked about what was different in them. The ending in the book is MUCH better than the movie. The ending of the book is a DAMN great ending. I won't type it in case you have not read the book lol

Regards
SillyWabbit

SillyWabbit said:
The ending of the book is a DAMN great ending. I won't type it in case you have not read the book lol

Regards
SillyWabbit

Is it? I had been reluctant to read it, since I did NOT at all like the ending of the movie. (Things/life seems really odd. Well, I lost my thoughts here. :confused: ) Anyway.

I think I would be likely to trust your opinion of it, wabbit. will find it out. :)

So you're saying that in the book it turns out that Darth Vader isn't his father afterall? :confused:

I read Anil's Ghost, which is by the same author, which I'm not even going to attempt to spell. And while I agree that the language was beautiful, not an awful lot happened to grab my attention. In fact I can barely remember most of it. So I don't think that The English Patient in book form would be any more my cup of tea than the film was. I'd probably not hate the book as much as I hate the film, but I doubt I'd find it fulfilling. Even without Darth Vader and his preposterous revelations.

watercrystal said:
Is it? I had been reluctant to read it, since I did NOT at all like the ending of the movie. (Things/life seems really odd. Well, I lost my thoughts here. :confused: ) Anyway.

I think I would be likely to trust your opinion of it, wabbit. will find it out. :)

Yes, trust me! The end will send a shiver down your spine! Please let me know what you thought of the book and the different book ending!

Ashlead said:
It's a great read, beautiful language and imagery.

I agree, the language is very beautiful. I loved it so much. I sat there re-reading lines all the time because they had such a beauty to them.

Regards
SillyWabbit

Back