• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Is your IQ above 160?

-Carlos-

If you can see the lady dancing clockwise and counter clockwise, your IQ is above 160!

dancer.gif

If I focus my eyes on the top left corner, the girl turns ccw.
If I stare at her or top right, the girl turns cw.
If you kinda focus on and off on the left corner the girl sways back and forth.

Neat.

I'm not 160 though.

My husband can see her going both ways. I can't. It's very annoying.
Husband's IQ isn't 160 by a long way.;)

If I focus my eyes on the top left corner, the girl turns ccw.
If I stare at her or top right, the girl turns cw.
If you kinda focus on and off on the left corner the girl sways back and forth.

Neat.

I'm not 160 though.

I notice the same hemisphere switch when I witness both cycles.

It's not an IQ based thing. It depends on what appendage you look at. Does that mean left brain vs right brain?

spinning dancer

This animation set is based on the original work by ???*. The original image of a dancer in a perpetual spin can be interpreted two different ways - she can either be spinning in a clockwise direction, or in a counter-clockwise direction (imagine her spinning on a clock face). Some people's perception may favor one direction over the other, and some people may see her change directions from time to time. The fact is that the image is a constant 34-frame loop representing 1 full revolution of the dancer, and no trickery is used to make her seem to be spinning one way or the other at any point in time. The effect is entirely caused by the perception of the viewer as he or she interprets the ambiguous frames where the spinning dancer's body appendages (legs and arms) cross over each other.

To prove this, shown above are two copies of the original .gif animation, each having the same 34 frames representing 1 full revolution of the spinning dancer. The only difference between the left and right image is that on the left, I have added gray lines in the leg area to imply that the dancer is standing on her left leg and spinning in a clockwise direction. On the right, gray lines have been added in the leg area to imply that the dancer is standing on her right leg and spinning in a counter-clockwise direction. By adding this information to the animation, the variable of viewer perception is removed from the process, and when looking at only one image at a time (cover the other with your hand), it is believable that the dancer is only spinning in a single direction. Viewing both images together, side by side, will prove to you that it is the identical (original) animation.

awww.randominc.net_spinninglady_left.gifawww.randominc.net_spinninglady_right.gif

*This original story, to the best of my knowledge, can be found at News.com.au Top stories | News from Australia and around the world online | News.com.au, and courtesy of "AAP". I would very happily credit the individual(s) who constructed this animation, but i can find no such reference or record.

Editing of the original by Matthew Lewis for the benefit of a few friends who were loosing their minds.

And it was developed by Nobuyuki Kayahara. ProcreoFlashDesign Laboratory ‰ñ‚él‰e@-öŽ‹-

I'm far from genius IQ, but I saw her spinning in both directions because I focused on one leg and the other at different times.

Funny that this should come up, I've been reading a very interesting book about righ-brained children/adults living in a left-brained society. The learning styles and the school systems in the U.S.

Click here

Heh... IQ tests are usually funny... though I don't think this was meant as a serious test since it essentially involves a visual illusion.

It was fun to stare at the rotating image nonetheless...

I can see both but I have a hell of a time switching back and forth. These little illusions on the Internet are just bizarre. Here's another that I saw years ago.
Same here - I could only see cw until I scrolled down and read the explanation below, upon scrolling up again I could only see ccw. I can now switch between the two but it does take some effort.

It's great now I've seen the explanation I can see it. I have to look at just her head to make change to CC though.

I wonder which way she is spinning.:confused::D

How they discovered how to see the other is mindboggling. Once you've done it, you see it as soon as you look at thhe pattern.

Cute. I don't believe I've ever enjoyed a test more then I enjoyed this one.

I get both directions and I know 160 is but a dream.

I've never been able to see her spinning clockwise, except in that drawing where the extra lines have been added.

It's easy to switch back and forth from cw to ccw, it's just the outlining of the legs that you look at and voila! I am a genius!:whistling:

Back