• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

It Escaped from me

Well, I've humped and stuffed here and there. Not much here really. Amazing how much trouble you have to go through to offer people a riveting read.

I knew I should have married a celebrity, or kidnapped one.

Geoff

what do you have against ben stiller? he might not be the brightest light in the dark but at least he doesn't have a nervous breakdown every two month...

Just as well you returned Geoff (click me) :D

Honey, I just don't like his films. Or him actually. You can kidnap Hugh Grant too; I'll turn blind eye to that. Gosh!

oh guys... i actually made a wide circle around this movies...i haven't seen any of them.. and even MEET THE FOCKERS was too stupid to watch again...but do you have to kill him, just let him exist and make his dumb movies and entertain the masses with this nonsense...

Hey Stewart, are you going to WorldCon in Glasgow next month?

My agent said he'd get me a ticket if I wanted to go. Trouble is I'm at three writerly cons this year and my wife is getting a bit sus that I have a bit. I'm in Edinburgh 4 or 5 times a year... oops you don't want to know that, do you?

Geoff

Stewart, WorldCon is THE international conference for SF & F writers, scriptwriters, film makers, yes and readers. It's where the big awards for SF are presented - like the Hugo. The conference is usually in the USA so it is a big coup for Glasgow to have it.
see it at http://www.interaction.worldcon.org.uk/

Geoff

Looks good although I'm not a big sci-fi or fantasy fan; I might go along on the Saturday or Sunday if I have no other plans. It just amazes me the poor quality of so many literary websites.

Stewart said:
It just amazes me the poor quality of so many literary websites.

I don't know why it should amaze you. A lot of effort (=time = money) has to go into producing bug-free super wow websites. Maybe people have their priorities into the literary rather than the webbie.

On the other hand, I know my website is too simple for most web-aware people these days http://geoffnelder.com but it is dead easy to manage. I was a bit concerned last week when the stats for my site showed that the US military were hitting it. I found that my site comes up when you use the search phrase "missiles balloon chasing truck" Yep - I have an excerpt of my Hot Air thriller, which is based on some nasties trying to shoot down a hot air balloon. The funny thing though is that the only file the US military actually downloaded - several times - was my animated gif of a skeleton!

Then I found my site is high on Google if you search for "stockinged legs in the air" Ummm

Geoff

GeoffNelder said:
I don't know why it should amaze you. A lot of effort (=time = money) has to go into producing bug-free super wow websites. Maybe people have their priorities into the literary rather than the webbie.

I'm just referring to the late 90s look of so many with third party components (guestbooks, counters, etc).

You are right, Stewart. Many of those were created by using "wizards" allowing users to add such features at a click of a button. Rather like when someone new to DeskTop Publishing discover fonts and before long produce a pageful of writing that looks like a ransom note!

Geoff

Back