• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

It Escaped from me

GeoffNelder

Hi everyone, you can see what my name is. I live in Chester, UK and after too long in the teaching profession now write for a living. Not true. I get a bigger income from editing other writers' masterpieces than in selling my own!

However, an adventurous and brave small press publisher has rushed my humorous thriller into print.

A young Spanish designer startled me with the cover. What do you think?

Geoff

Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about Stew. Sometimes I think he is that woman who wrote "Eats, Shoots and Leaves".

I think it is fair to call this a piece of spam. I saw the person joining, posting this message, and disappearing almost immediately.

Oh, do you mean he only did to advertise his own book?

In that case, can I use the thread to recommend Scottish strawberries? I have no connection whatsoever to Scottish farmers, middle men or shops

Stewart said:
I think it is fair to call this a piece of spam. I saw the person joining, posting this message, and disappearing almost immediately.

Hence my question about whether he was staying or not...... :D

Hi again, Stewart and others.
I do intend to stay or should I stray? Sorry if I appeared to disappear as soon as I introduced myself - busy busy.

To answer your specific question, my Escaping Reality was "rushed" into print because the publisher liked it so much and needed a brill book for his 2005 portfolio. There. Well, you did ask!

Maybe, I shouldn't have mentioned my book in my first post. I agree it looks suspicious to do that. You have to forgive my elation at being published at all - at least in fiction.

I could have mentioned that I am a journalist for a cycling mag; not too sure about all the hype re: HP; was booted out of my teaching job; been arrested (twice) while doing research on Mallorca for a thriller - different one; and I keep looking at my recently bought copy of Cloud Atlas, wondering whether to plunge into reading it yet.

Thanks for the cheery welcomes!

Geoff

Hey, welcome back. :D

I'm always suspicious of first (and only) posts that contain a link to another website.

GeoffNelder said:
... was booted out of my teaching job;

Ooh, scandal! How did you manage that? Did your literacy hour over-run slightly?

Welcome to the forum, by the way! :)

Welcome to the mayhem, Geoff! Don't mind Stewart, he's just had a few too many abusive spammy relationships to immediately trust someone new ;) .

If you want people to know more about your book, I would advise you to put a link to it or your website in your signature and not talk about it directly for a while. There's a few published authors around abouts here - some have links in their sigs and others don't. I think Motokid does his very subtley - there's some 1500 messages by him around abouts (see General Chat as it's his most common haunt!).

Ah, Halo. why I was booted out of my teaching job.

One day my class all rose and left before the end of the lesson. While I was thinking they don't usually do that, the last one said: "Aren't you coming, sir, the fire alarm's going!" That's when it dawned on me that my wife might have been on to something when she complained that I never listen. Never mind, the enforced early retirement pension means I can write unsaleable stories with impunity!

I do have plenty of real scandals in my life but that wasn't one of them.

Geoff

Stewart said:
Hey, welcome back. :D

I'm always suspicious of first (and only) posts that contain a link to another website.

Ewwww, look how niiiice.

But really, me too. Specially if they're selling something. So you have to post a lot of stuff in order to get over that hump.

Back