• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I've had it

I enjoy the occasional vice, but you've got to be kidding me! Popcorn! It's so small, and soft, and white (unless you have TOO muc butter!). How could you see that as a vice? Unless you are talking about food in general. I think that everyone should have that vice! It helps for survival purposes!

emptyparkinglot said:
I enjoy the occasional vice, but you've got to be kidding me! Popcorn! It's so small, and soft, and white (unless you have TOO muc butter!). How could you see that as a vice? Unless you are talking about food in general. I think that everyone should have that vice! It helps for survival purposes!

It LOOKs innocent, but what happens when you take a closer look?...hmm?..hmm?? Popcorn is actually a machiavellian thing that has negative things behind it. It's subversive, sneaky, and it's highly combative towards people.;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Don't play innocent with me, ooooooooh no.

actually, dentists hate popcorn as it sometimes causes problems with the gums.

just call me a "party pooper". :)

muggle said:
actually, dentists hate popcorn as it sometimes causes problems with the gums.

just call me a "party pooper". :)

Great!, someone who figured out how popcorn is bad.:rolleyes: :mad: Come on, you people have to live a little. :D

Have you noticed that every delicious thing a dietician says is okay to eat is scorned by the dentist? Why is that? Are they in cahoots? Are they out to get us all?!!

There's money, lots of it, to be made in keeping the public in a constant state of dietary confusion. If we can't keep straight what's good and bad for us to stuff down our gullets, we'll give up and eat whatever suits our fancy at the moment..thereby keeping the medical industry afloat for centuries. And we don't even have to start on the publishing industry's gain from sales of diet books...;)

Funny isn't it, how Libre's thread has turned into something he never imagined it could be ;0)

speaking of food, what's with all the additives they're putting into everything these days? Vitamins in water, in bread, orange juice, etc, etc. I worry that I'll get more than is good for me because I take a multivitamin and a calcium pill and vitamin C. If I eat or drink foods that have these things in them, I could OD on some vitamins. Soon I'll be baking my own bread and squeezing oranges for unadulterated juice. What's next, coffee with vitamins added? :rolleyes:

abecedarian said:
Funny isn't it, how Libre's thread has turned into something he never imagined it could be.
I will risk turning it back into something he might have imagined by having a little rant about some other forums I belong to.

I participate in forums where writers post drafts for critique, seek career advice, etc. The answers are often lengthy and well thought out, and clearly took some time, but the original posters almost never follow up with a simple thanks. One moderator even has in her signature line, "What's so hard about Thank You?"

I think the online environment allows common courtesies to be neglected in ways that are harder to get away with face-to-face. Is this the end of civilization?

Miss Shelf said:
speaking of food, what's with all the additives they're putting into everything these days? Vitamins in water, in bread, orange juice, etc, etc. I worry that I'll get more than is good for me because I take a multivitamin and a calcium pill and vitamin C. If I eat or drink foods that have these things in them, I could OD on some vitamins. Soon I'll be baking my own bread and squeezing oranges for unadulterated juice. What's next, coffee with vitamins added? :rolleyes:

They'll probably add some downer-drug to the coffee so we don't get too hyped up, Miss Shelf:rolleyes:

Mari-
Not sure if that's some kind of zinger hurled in my direction - but if it is - and even if it isn't - well, thanks to all those that participated in this thread and especially those that encouraged me to hang in here.
Now, the rest of you can resume turning this thread into something I never imagined it could be.

Libre said:
Mari-
Not sure if that's some kind of zinger hurled in my direction...
No, actually, it was the opposite--somewhat of a parallel complaint to yours, though as I said, mostly about some other sites, or maybe the world of Web forums in general.

Mari said:
I will risk turning it back into something he might have imagined by having a little rant about some other forums I belong to.

I participate in forums where writers post drafts for critique, seek career advice, etc. The answers are often lengthy and well thought out, and clearly took some time, but the original posters almost never follow up with a simple thanks. One moderator even has in her signature line, "What's so hard about Thank You?"

I think the online environment allows common courtesies to be neglected in ways that are harder to get away with face-to-face. Is this the end of civilization?

I do think social niceties are just declining in general, online and in real life people are getting ruder, pushier and more self centered all the time. Adults and youngsters alike, it's rather scary and sad really.

O.K., I believe we all should take our individual buckets of popcorn and begin to flick the uber-health commisars with each kernel until their arteries harden up from the butter and they fall over under the tremendous weight of the syrupy goo.:D

Back