• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

J. D. Robb: Imitation in Death

Rogue

amazon.de said:
Police lieutenant Eve Dallas encounters one of her most difficult cases in Imitation in Death. With the very first victim, Eve realises that the killer stalking the streets of New York City isn't a run-of-the-mill serial murderer. The copycat executions are imitating the methods and victim choices of an ominous list of notorious serial killers, beginning with Jack the Ripper. And when the killer leaves a distinctive note at the crime scene, it's clear that he's targeting Eve personally--a fact that worries Roarke, Eve's shrewd husband.

Assisted by her aide, Peabody, Eve compiles a list of suspects that includes several high-profile possibilities. Their very prominence, however, complicates the investigation, for they have the power and influence to make the search difficult. All of the suspects are reluctant to cooperate but one of them is playing with Eve like a cat with a mouse by tempting her with crime scene notes and challenging her to find him. Can Eve stop him before he slaughters again? Or will his next victim be Eve herself?

Author JD Robb, aka Nora Roberts, doesn't miss a beat in this police procedural thriller. The futuristic setting is rich with imaginative details; the cast of supporting characters offers an intriguing variety, while Eve and Roarke's relationship is layered with emotional intimacy and spiced with sex. Whether you're a faithful follower or new to the series, you won't be disappointed in the edge-of-the-seat suspense in Imitation in Death.
I just finished this book some days ago and I really enjoyed reading it.

Most of the dialogues are hilarious and the relationsship between the main character Dallas and her "fancy piece" billionaire husband made me chuckle all the time. The story itself isn't that good and I soon lost interest in the ongoing investigations.

At the moment I'm thinking about buying the first book in this series of which "Imitation in Death" is the 17th installement. It's called "Naked in Death".

Does this count as chick lit?

Rogue said:
Does this count as chick lit?

It might, as it is actually written by romance author Nora Roberts. A co-worker has been trying to get me to read that series for quite some time, but I don't trust her judgement enough to go out and track the first few books down. I'd love to hear what you have to say after another installment or two.

I've read the whole series and loved it. I wouldn't really call it chick-lit though. There's a lot more depth than the average book I've read in that genre. I like the banter between Dallas and her co-workers and hubby too. Even funnier is the relationship between Dallas and Roarke's man(who's name has totally slipped my mind just now). The depth I'm referring to is the real mystery within the whole series: just who IS Eve Dallas? Her past is appalling, and she deals with flashbacks and nightmares as she solves horrendous crimes.

The guy (Roarke's man) is Charles Summerset.

I am COMPLETELY in love with the series (not to mention Roarke) and highly recommend it, if not for anything else than the innovative murders.:lol:

Back