• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

J.K. Rowling: "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" Available for Pre-order at Amazon

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
For those folks interested in this book, I received this email today from Amazon:

Amazon is thrilled to offer The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling, available for pre-order now. This book of fairy tales was written to supplement the Harry Potter series and will be published in two new editions on December 4, 2008.

Standard and Collector's Editions

The Standard Edition features all five fairy tales from the original The Tales of Beedle the Bard, a new introduction by J.K. Rowling, illustrations reproduced from the original handcrafted book, and commentary on each of the tales by Professor Albus Dumbledore.

Let your readers know that Amazon is also thrilled to offer a luxuriously packaged Collector's Edition (available exclusively at Amazon) designed to evoke the spirit of the handcrafted original. It is housed in its own case (made to resemble a wizarding textbook found in the Hogwarts library). The Collector's Edition includes a reproduction of J.K. Rowling's handwritten introduction, as well as 10 additional illustrations not found in the Standard Edition. Opening the cover of the case reveals a velvet bag embroidered with J.K. Rowling's signature, in which sits the piece de resistance: your very own copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, complete with metal skull, corners, and clasp; replica gemstones; and emerald ribbon.

ttobtb_letterbox_pre-order_03_final._V268233488_.gif

In case you were wondering, the "Collector's Edition" is $100. Talk about sticker shock!

I won't be buying it since I don't like Rowling's writing, but the Collector's Edition is gorgeous! Quite pricy too.

As much as that collector's edition would be nice to have, I just don't have the funds. And if I did it would probably go toward buying a new PS2 before a pricey book at the moment. ;)

So I shall settle on a standard edition.

Hmm that sounds interesting. I'll deffinetly have to pick up a copy, although I doubt that I'll splurge on the collector's edition. Prolly not worth it anyways...:p

I also will be picking this up. I can't afford the collector's edition, but all the profit does go to a charity, so it's not like she is really reaping the benefits.

A new J.K. Rowling book?? A wish she made an 8th Harry Potter book instead of this, but I guess it would be good.

I'm not sure yet if I'll buy it although I really loved the Harrys - but the Collector's Edition is quite tempting ...

Back