• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

J.K. Rowling

Oh no! Non-Potter-lovers! Can it be so? Maybe I just live in a fantasy world, but I love J.K. Rowling and the Harry Potter saga. I got addicted to Harry when I was 17 and my little sister (7 at the time) started reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I've been an addict ever since.

I'm currently re-reading the series, for like the tenth time. I get lost in it every single time. I'll never get tired of Harry.

did someone really ask what's wrong with wal-mart? how about exploiting third world countries and using their women and children for slave labour.

G'day
you all seem to be obsessed with money
Of course she will write more, she is a writer, writing is what she does, and incredibly there are people out there who create things regardless of whether they need to do so financially!
It's amazing how someone's success brings out small minded meaness in people isn't it?
You wouldn't be a teeny weeny bit jealous would you?
She is a brilliant writer and all power to her. Oooh I'd just love it if her next book is under a pseudonym and all you Rowling bashers reckon it's great, can't wait.
cheers

The last thing I heard was the JK was indeed writing an adult novel. I also remember seeing something about her daughter trying to convince her to do an 8th Harry Potter novel.

The last thing I heard was the JK was indeed writing an adult novel. I also remember seeing something about her daughter trying to convince her to do an 8th Harry Potter novel.

She's writing a political thriller, I believe. Also, she's going to write a Harry Potter encyclopedia, but that might be a while away. I'm pretty sure in an interview she said something like, "Harry's story is over" so an 8th novel seems unlikely, unless it's about his kids or something.

She's writing a political thriller, I believe. Also, she's going to write a Harry Potter encyclopedia, but that might be a while away. I'm pretty sure in an interview she said something like, "Harry's story is over" so an 8th novel seems unlikely, unless it's about his kids or something.

The article I saw indicated that she might change her mind, but Harry wouldn't be the central character.

J.K. Rowling to publish adult fiction novel.

“Although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world,” Ms. Rowling said in a statement. “The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry’s success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life.”

A new book by J K Rowling - and not a Harry-Potter-book - that's going to be interesting! I wonder what it will be about...

Back