• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

James Patterson: Don't Blink

brk_3

ai1210.photobucket.com_albums_cc418_brk_3_dontblink_1.jpg 3 stars :star3:

A good read, not great. This is a fast read as well, which most James Patterson books are. I blazed through it in two days The book had a good tempo and the main character was likeable enough. Patterson of course throws some twists and turns within the story like always and there is plenty or carnage.

Sounds great but in this books the character Nick Daniels has played a very good role. i have completed the Half of the books but after that i have to stop the reading that book but soon i will complete the whole book and move his next one.

Eh, I'm kind of skeptical about reading Patterson's other works,since I was a huge fan of the Alex Cross novels since I was 13(my first mystery novels,and I was surprised with all the gore and language). His books seem to depreciate with each sequel.

Hi guys.

I am a HUGE JP fan but have found that his latest books are lacking in something??

Could it be due to the sheer volume that he knocks out now and is he even writing them himself anymore? I don't know, they seem to have 'lost their voice' somewhat...

Ditto all the above. I really liked reading his Alex Cross stories. Until a certain point! But I have now drifted away to reading other kinds of things and other authors.

I've always found Patterson's writing to be somewhat formulaic, if not outright cliche, but he makes up for it with good characters and decent plotting. When I'm in the mood for entertainment I don't have to think too much about I really enjoy his work. If I'm feeling like something a little more literary I can hardly get through it.

Eh, I'm kind of skeptical about reading Patterson's other works,since I was a huge fan of the Alex Cross novels since I was 13(my first mystery novels,and I was surprised with all the gore and language). His books seem to depreciate with each sequel.

I agree. I used to read a lot of his books but he started putting out so many books it's so really hard to understand if he he's put any effort writing a good story. I don't even remember the last book I've read from him.

too many...

I definitely agree....over the last 30 days I found 3 new books stating him as an author or co-author !!! :confused:
- seems that publisher are now betting on his name - despite the decreasing quality, he always makes it to the times bestsellers

Back