• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

James Patterson

Yes indeed! I have probably read most of his Alex Cross series and enjoyed them all. After having just now checked Wikipedia, I see that he is more fabuloulsy successful than I could ever have imagined. What a pheenom! :eek:

Here is an established James Patterson thread for your perusal.

I decided to give the Alex Cross series a try and read the first one a month or so ago. I enjoyed and plan to continue with the series.

I've read all of the Alex Cross series books and loved them. I also enjoy the newer series he's started based on Det. Michael Bennett. The stand alone books can get a little out there to me, so I haven't read all of those.

I really enjoy James Patterson's books. I have read all of the Cross Novels (up to Alex Cross' Trial, it's sitting on the book shelf) and the Michael Bennett series. I have also read most of his other stand alone books. There are a few of his early ones that I haven't read though. I like his writing style and I think he's very good at keeping you guessing and interested in what's going to happen next.

I have read several James Patterson books. I usually stay with the Alex Cross series though. At last check I'm in the middle somewhere.

Just finished Kiss the Girls and I have Along Came A Spider waiting on my nightstand. KtG was a great read but I wish I read it long ago before I ever saw the movie. Alex Cross in the literary form (at least in this book) seems to be a younger man than Cross played by Morgan Freeman. That said, I cannot imagine another actor being able to play the part as well as Freeman. I am wondering if I should put ACAS back on the shelf and pickup with the first AC series book.

Just finished Kiss the Girls and I have Along Came A Spider waiting on my nightstand. KtG was a great read but I wish I read it long ago before I ever saw the movie. Alex Cross in the literary form (at least in this book) seems to be a younger man than Cross played by Morgan Freeman. That said, I cannot imagine another actor being able to play the part as well as Freeman. I am wondering if I should put ACAS back on the shelf and pickup with the first AC series book.

I believe Along Came a Spider is the first book in the Alex Cross series. Kiss the Girls is the second book.
I skipped Kiss the Girls because I saw the movie but I will probably go back and read it at some point.
The last time I was on James Patterson's web site there was an ongoing poll on which actor should play Alex Cross if they should make another AC movie. I don't remember who was winning in the pole. Morgan Freeman played the role of Cross very well but he may be to old now to star in a new Alex Cross movie.

It's funny because those are the first two books I read from him only because I knew they were making a movie. Kiss the Girls was very good and I don't think the movie adapation really did justice to how good the book was. On the other hand, Along Came a Spider was a very good movie and the book was really good too. I don't know why I quit on Patterson but I know I read quite a few books from him.

These are the books that I've read from him. I think the reason I quit is that it seems he was putting a book out every 3 months. LOL

Jack and Jill
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Hide and Seek
Along came a Spider
Cat and Mouse
Pop goes the Weasel
Kiss the Girls
When the Wind Blows
Cradle and All

Yea, my plan is to finish the Cross series (someday). I just finished Violets are Blue which was pretty good.
At this point, I may read Kiss the Girls next. So many reviews I have read have stated that the book is better then the movie

Back