• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

James Patterson

Along Came a Spider was OK but it was much too similar to another (and superior) novel I had read before it. I can't tell you the name because that would spoil it.

Kiss the Girls was excellent and I very highly recommend it!

Jack and Jill I thought was one of the worst novels I had read. So no more Patterson for me.

He does have a very terse writing style, with short chapters, so you can breeze right through them. Do read Kiss the Girls.

Originally posted by Creator03
Hi, Has anyone read the Alex Cross series by James Patterson?
What u think of it?

nope, haven't read it... i just hve one question though. what was the title of his novel which was something like a love story?

I've read a few of Patterson's works, and I enjoyed them all. My favorite, actually, was not an Alex Cross book, but the book called See How they Run.

Along Came a Spider was okay and a good introduction to the series.
Kiss the Girls was really good and definately worth reading.
Cat and Mouse was an extension of Along came a Spider and was pretty good.
Roses are Read/Violets are Blue: extremely good. You should definately read them.

I have read them all. I enjoy them for what they are. Currently I am reading the Lake House. Never expected a sequel to When the Wind Blows but here it is.

Mike

I've never read When the Wind Blows. Is it any good? And the only love story I really know with Patterson is through the Cross books.

hmmm... okay. but im sure i've read one... i just can't seem to remember the title! thanks!

I thought the movie "Along Came a Spider" was god awful. Im glad I read the book before I saw the movie. I also thought that "Jack and Jill" was by far one of his better books but his womens murder myster series, "1st to Die" and "2nd Chances" are his better work by far.

My favorite of his Alex Cross series was Roses are Red. However, my favorite of all his books is See How they Run. I have yet to read Jack and Jill, although I've heard that it is awesome and it was terrrible.

is where the wind blows the one about the kids who are special( dont want to spoil it in any way) and one of thems called maximum

its been a while since i read it.

Worm said:
Has anyone yet read his books?
Can u tell me how they are ?

hey!!
i read a couple books of him and i really enjoy them!! my favorite is WHEN THE WIND BLOWS!!
a few of his books are pretty bloody, but in the whole they are great crime stories!!
enjoy :D

Read 'when the wind blows' a few years back and really enjoyed it. Have just read the sequel 'The lake house' and was not impressed. The plot lacked detail and had time jumps of months covered in a few sentences. The ending was a blatant attempt to set up for yet another book. Give it up!
I'm beginning to wonder if 'when the wind blows' was that bad and I was just too young to notice.

I've only read one book by James Patterson, it was The Jester. I found this book to be superb, although the short chapters got a bit irritating at times, I got used to them.

I woulden't hesitate reading anything by him in the future :)

I read 'honeymoon' and am just about to start '4th of July.'
What do y9ou guys recommend, and what do you think?

lani

James Patterson gets so blase after about 3-4 books. I wont read anymore of his but I am sure others love him.

I read Along Came A Spider and then got bored reading Kiss The Girls. I hate crime authors that try to write about "serial killers" without knowing who or what a serial killer actually is and why they are driven to kill.

Back